How Do I deal with this "complicated" friendship/relationship?

So to make a long story short, meet this girl through a friend. she wants to get to know me better, decide to go see a movie, start to hang out more after that. I leave for vacation after, come home surprised with. Happy birthday gift ( while. Sing messages I miss you ) from abroad. Counting to hang out more regular, get shown to her parents and friends. We start to see each other on a regular basis. From the constant good nights ;) to the how are you doing or do you have plans? Texts. We even gave each other small gifts, randomly too. Every time we saw each other I would get a strong hug goodbye. Went to do everything alone ( just us), as she wanted..
I noticed she got jealous when I mentioned female co-workers and how I talk to them fairly.
So I decked to ask her out recently ( will explain that later on) , after she brought up her ex and what happened, which lead to her bringing up the conversation of what am I. Looking for out of a relationship? Which I told, her and she brought her views into it.
When I asked her out, she said that she would rather prefer to be friends for now, and how dating would make stuff complicated..
Now, I understand she has her reasons for why she said no...
But what got me mad was the fact of how we were acting like we were in a relationship, even using pet names!
I mean when I tried to explain how if we went on a formal "date" to a fondue place, it was simply for me to pay for all of it ( which I usually did for stuff too). But how it would allow me to talk to her in a different way, and see where things could have progressed. I said just cause you go on a date does t mean you are automatically going out. I said for instance I could not like or just not be ready.
She replied with saying. She doesn't believe me, I then asked well i want to know where you stand so I know so I can see other people, but be friends.
Which she didn't like and responded with a nasty comment, " oh we'll I guess that's just life for me haha"

I got mad after and told her that I want some time alone. Now I haven spoken to her in almost a week ( this happened Sunday) I am trying to figure out if I still want to be friends, I would like to but I feel it will be awkward for 2 reasons.
1- she may want things to go back the way they were, which I risk falling into the same process and not moving on. Or she may suddenly the get feeling then rollar coaster agiain, which I do not want.

What Girls Said 1

• She probably feels rejected and thought maybe you wanted a relationship too because of the pet names, etc and then you were all "it doesn't mean anything" so now she feels stupid

• Thank you for the advice, now that makes sense but confuses me at the same time because she said no for dating each other essentially. What i don't get is why she would get mad, if i said how i wanted to date other people?

She has apologized, which received after i said i would like some time apart just to get my thoughts in order.
      She has now texted me today, saying how she is upset how i am bringing a friend to a convention. That we were supposed to go , i knew how much this meant to her, and thinks that i am trying to hurt her on purpose which isn't the case.

So, this didn't help things.. (sorry for digressing) But what i am basically trying to say, is why is getting mad the way like if we were a couple, if according to her we never were?

What Guys Said 0