For our next date, he suggested we watch a movie "at home or the theater" or he takes me out for "a proper dinner"... Is sex foremost on his mind?

We met online, first date went for drinks in the afternoon, then corresponding over e-mail/text for about 1 mo, nearly daily, as I was on vacation and then he went on ~3 wk vacation/work in EU.
Our 2nd date, we went for drinks again for 5 hours and he got something to eat (I wasn't hungry. He paid for me).

He asked me out again for last weekend, and suggested as written above. Did he give me the option of a movie at home or the theater, to test if I was "ready" to sleep with him? As it turned out, this past weekend, I was studying/too busy to meet up, but he mentioned watching a movie both Saturday and Sunday by himself and was telling me a little about the movies.

Most Helpful Guy

• It may not be sex on his mind, per se, but he is putting the option out there to see if you are interested in being more physical. At home implies sitting together on the couch. That may lead to sex, it may not, but it most certainly will lead to some form of cuddling at least, probably a bit of a make out session, and for sure more than would happen in the middle of a movie theater. So, his end goal may be 'and it could end with sex!' but that isn't necessarily what he is expecting to happen. It's just that it would move things along faster. It's always easier to get to third base after you've been to second base. And easier to go home after you've been to third. So the soon you start rounding the bases, the better.

However, he is being pretty cool by putting the decision in your hands. He is not rushing you, so he gets some points for that. If you are apprehensive about how far things may go, then go to the theater. If you want to get more physical, watch a movie at his place. You can always through out a caveat like "I'll watch it at your place if you promise not to try to bang me on the couch or something lame like that" which should slow down his base running a bit and let you decide how far you want to go.

What Guys Said 2

• Honestly every guy thinks about sex, that's a given. But I feel like that's not the case with this guy. I mean you guys met online, have went out for drinks, ate together, emailed/texted each other, respects your space and your time. and etc. It shows that he's not in it just for the sex, he's in it to know you as a person and to court you and so on. He enjoys your company. I think he's interested in dating you, getting into a relationship with you. He sees you on a romantic level. Sex can come later, unless you want it now.

• Dating is foremost on his mind. Why is it always about sex with girls? lol

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think so. My second date with an online dating site guy I dated once was renting a movie and watching it at home. All we did was hold hands...

• Eh, I usually like to avoid dates at houses for a while. He's on his own turf so he might feel a little bolder than usual.

• Yes he, like all guys, wants to see how far he can get.