Is it pretentious to wear a dress on a first date?

I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard, but I want to look nice. Also, it's late August & it's hot as balls outside, so I thought a pretty sundress would work. I just don't want the man to think, "Oh, she's wearing a dress for easy access, so I'm definitely getting laid."

Most Helpful Girl

• No way... dresses are beautiful and doesn't imply anything. If he thinks it does then there's something wrong with him. I don't know any guy who will think a girl wearing a dress means she wants sexy time. Wear your dress. If it makes you feel pretty and confident then go for it.

What Guys Said 2

• If he thinks that because you're wearing a dress, then you want him thinking it. Better to find out he's trash on the first date then 3years in, no? Wear the dress. Oh, and it's not pretentious.

• No of course not. He might hopefully think that to himself but if he doesn't show respect in his words and actions then stick with the dress and change your man

What Girls Said 2

• nope at all... wearing a dress is fine and summer is THE season to wear dresses

• no it isn't. i wore a dress too on my first date