Is it pretentious to wear a dress on a first date?

I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard, but I want to look nice. Also, it's late August & it's hot as balls outside, so I thought a pretty sundress would work. I just don't want the man to think, "Oh, she's wearing a dress for easy access, so I'm definitely getting laid."

0|0
3|2

Most Helpful Girl

• No way... dresses are beautiful and doesn't imply anything. If he thinks it does then there's something wrong with him. I don't know any guy who will think a girl wearing a dress means she wants sexy time. Wear your dress. If it makes you feel pretty and confident then go for it.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• If he thinks that because you're wearing a dress, then you want him thinking it. Better to find out he's trash on the first date then 3years in, no? Wear the dress. Oh, and it's not pretentious.

0|0
    0|0
  • No of course not. He might hopefully think that to himself but if he doesn't show respect in his words and actions then stick with the dress and change your man

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• nope at all... wearing a dress is fine and summer is THE season to wear dresses

0|0
    0|0
  • no it isn't. i wore a dress too on my first date

0|0
    0|0