How to work around a really awkward situation?

Long story short, the guy I have a crush on knows that I like him. Two weeks before this past summer started, one of my guy friends told him; he basically said that it was me that had a crush on him (I had been asking my guy friend to find out who my crush liked, and when my crush asked who had a crush on him, my guy friend told him it was me), and that I had been going to his lacrosse games to go and see him. I'm so embaressed I could cry. I've known my crush for a long time, but we haven't actually talked since 5th grade, due to not seeing each other. I don't know how to approach the situation, seeing as things are super awkward. It also doesn't help that my confidance in myself, as well as in talking to guys (the last guy I talked to, the guy before this new crush, lead me on for 3 months) is in the gutter. Everytime I see my crush, I can't even look him in the eye, I just look down. He's also kindof in the popular crowd, and he also doesn't have any social media accounts, which makes things even harder. I'm really confused and don't known what to do, and I really want this to work out, so if you have any advice, please feel free to share!

What Guys Said 1

• You can't really fix it, as there's nothing you messed up. I mean if you were friends and you were talking constantly to one another then ok, but you don't even speak. These situations are very common in high school, and basically you can forget about it or try and talk to him. Who know's maybe he's forgotten about it or he didn't believe his friend? But I wouldn't be encouraged really about him signing out next to you, especially if he didn't smile at you or talk to you...

What Girls Said 0