Is it bad if I don't say 'I love you' back?

The guy I'm dating right now (we haven't talked boyfriend/girlfriend terms yet, but we've been dating for about a month) told me he loves me.

We were lying down on the grass on a warm night in the park, watching the stars, when he whispered it. I pretended I didn't hear at first, but then he repeated it around 5 times, so I couldn't pretend anymore. I think he repeated it because he wanted me to say something back, but I just smiled. I really like this guy, but I don't feel like we know each other well enough to be talking love yet... but now I feel really bad that I didn't say anything and may have hurt his feelings. But what was I supposed to do, pull a Han Solo and say "I know"? What would you say?

Most Helpful Girl

• You did the right thing. At least you didn't lie and say it back. Its better to be honest, and if he really likes you he won't mind waiting for you to say it back.

What Guys Said 1

• No reason at all to feel bad! You should never feel pressured to say anything.

I think the guy's getting a bit ahead of himself, considering it's only been a month and things aren't exclusive!

What Girls Said 1

• No you two are dating so you two are deciding if you want to be in a relationship or not. You have no obligation to him you are not his girlfriend. If you don't love him then you don't love him