Is it true that once certain basic standards are met, all women really want is a guy who really really loves every bit of them?

So when basic standards such as being physically attractive, well kept, not completely retarded or outlandishly socially inept have been met, do women at heart just want a man who loves them to pieces?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. At least in my opinion. It's really all I want. I'd give up a lot for some unconditional love. He doesn't even have to love everything about me. He just has to love me enough to work at our relationship and not give up when he thinks he's found something better...

What Girls Said 9

• i really wish you hadn't used 'completely retarded' as an insult because its quite rude but anyway. Depends on the girl. Some of the decent girls truly do only want love and that is most girls because i think most girls are suckers for romance but if you gotta hoe she just wants you to be following her around like a lost puppy while she doesn't feel any love whatsoever toward you. Choose wisely!

• There are still decent girls out there, I hope, though they seem to be a dying breed

• Absolutely.

• Please don't use the word retarded as an insult. It's not ok. It's very offensive. But to answer your question... YES! Women want to feel loved and accepted. It's just how we are wired.

• I'm not using it as an insult, I'm actually using it in the most core and traditional sense of it's definition "less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age"

• I'm being realistic and down to earth here to simplify the question, I also stated the basics included being physically attractive -many people are completely ugly to most girls which would have a very very heavy effect on their ability to find someone yes. As humans we judge people all the time

• I Guess... I judge on a minimal level (sometimes a different isn't bad) and I just wish others wouldn't judge especially based off disability

• Ya, I think that is pretty much true

• I prefer intelligence first to all that other fluff.

• ... what fluff? I said basic normal level intelligence was assumed, after that if you place value on his intelligence more than him loving you then your answer to this question is -No you don't, other things are more important to you than whether he loves you

• So if you don't even care whether you get along with the guy, whether he's nice, dirt poor, butt ugly, so long as he's intelligent? I can't understand how it must feel like to go through life never believing in love

• If the guy is intelligent and I can have heated debates with him then I don't care, even if we hate each other, a person who can simulate me mentally, for me is best.
      What if he is poor, ugly, or not a nice person? These are all opinion based anyway and does not reflect what others might think.
      I'm not looking for the greatest love story ever told, or even relationships, I just like having intelligent conversations, so why wouldn't I go for something that I enjoy.

• That's what every girl wants to feel loved and appreciated

• we like someone who loves us, and of course we need to be attracted to him. We like someone who can keep the relationship going by spicing it up. Otherwise it gets boring

• I don't think it's possible to constantly 'spice' up a relationship, these couples who reach their 50th wedding anniversary are those who have learned to enjoy life and love the small things that you might call 'boring'

• those small things are the spice. when you take granted your life and yr relationship, when you start getting lazy and stop appreciating thats when the boredom starts

• Yes. I just want a guy who makes me feel loved for me. Accepts me as I am. My boyfriend is in his 30s and my family doesn't like it because I'm in my 20s but he makes me feel loved as I am and that's why I like him. He is kind and sweet but not in that bullshitty way and that's why I am with him. They don't understand that I wouldn't date a guy who treats me crappy.

• I need to love most of him, too. And we need to REALLY see each other, not just have big, exciting ideals about each other.

A guy (or gal) can't date anyone he feels like just because he (or she) feels crazy about them. You need to have a deep mutual connection.

• True, such a connection takes a while grow though, it requires a level of trust to reveal yourself

• I agree. And I think it happens easiest when both partners are on the same level of interest/excitement. Not when one is head over heels and the other is tagging along.

What Guys Said 4

• Good luck with that buddy. For a healthy and balanced woman, yeah, maybe. For the rest that either don't and will never know what they want or the crazies, no. Love isn't everything homie. And so many women think the grass is greener on the other side. Just look at the divorce rate, 9 out if 10 if not more are filed by women.

• Yeah i heard that somewhere before to, but since a lot of girls are so difficult, sometimes it can be hard to love every bit of them...

• yes, i would guess so

• I would only question the word "all". All the women out there can be divided into two groups: philogynic women and misogynic women. The philogynic women want to be loved and accepted, the misogynic women get irritated when you show them love and affection. Since misogyny is a neurosis, misogynic women should see a therapist if they want a happy relationship. As for the healthy philogynic women, they do want to be loved to pieces.