So would a girl go for a guy if he was poor?

But is a nice person has a job even though it doesn't bring in a lot. Bikes everyday to work cause he can't afford a car. If your curious I'm describing myself

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd have no problem with this. Unlike what is promoted, not all women are gold diggers. I personally don't care if a guy works at McDonalds or is a doctor, as long as he treats me with respect, & tries to do his part. I also enjoy living a modest life, & don't need lavish things to be happy. Good luck.

What Girls Said 18

• Yes, I'm currently in this position. Though I worry about the future because I don't know what this will mean. I don't want to be the only bread-winner in the house. Plus what do you do when you have a baby and can't work for 12 months? The father is supposed to provide for the family.

• I don't think there's anything wrong with that. You shouldn't be with soneone based on their income. If they can support themselves well enough and aren't trying to bum off the girl then it shouldn't be a problem. And any girk who says different probably is shallow and not actually looking for a connection with another person, but just security.

• i can't date a guy with no car

• Because he is poor? Most likely not going to happen.

Despite that he is poor? Sure, a lot of women don't care.

• If the poor guy was nice he should still have a good chance of getting a girl. Not all girls are gold diggers.

• Yeah dude if we really like. them then we don't care unless if there's gonna be a financial problem,. then that's a problem

• See another thing I noticed about myself is when I am in a relationship taking care of my girl motivates me when I'm at work it kinda becomes less thinking of oh I gotta go to work

• yes, have and continue to

• yes I have, for almost two years now :)

• well if i have a car at least i expect him to be a little higher than me. women by nature loose respect a guy if he doesn't carry his weight (our weight). he should be above if he needs a respected relationship

• Sure, I wouldn't mind.

• I mean its just a temporary position I plan on getting a better job and putting myself in a position to get a car my work ethic and drive is through the roof I'm always looking to better myself

• Yes I would. Money doesn't matter when you really like someone (:

• Who cares about poor.. status is nothing when compared to love.! ^_^

• Yes I've before , Now I'm ready for money money money Money !!! Money

• If he doesn't take my money then yes it's fine.

• If she has to pay all of your meals, transport and shit, no she won't stay with you.

If you support yourself and pay your own shit, yes she will stay with you unless she is materialistic and narcissist.

• Yeah that doesn't matter to me. As long as he's a nice guy and respects me that honestly doesn't matter. My crush had no car and would go to the uni on his bike as well as his job. Didn't matter to me, yeah we couldn't see each other often or at all but he was aspiring to have his own car. And now he does. So hopefully soon we'll be able to hangout and see each other.

• No, I would not. Money is a big thing to me.

• Hella yeah if he was a great guy. If he's trying hard to work for himself and trying to get somewhere, it says miles about his character. He's just going to have to be okay that he probably wouldn't be the "bread winner" in the relationship.

• Yeah when I see all these couples I think there's not a chance a girl would pick me not on looks not on personality but on the simple fact I bike everywhere

• Just saying... If you have to bike everywhere, yeah its not ideal, but you're probably pretty fit.

• Yeah the girl would get to feel a fit body I do got one

What Guys Said 6

• Most girls will claim to but not. But there are girls who will. I think though that not having a car will hold you back though. I tried dating a girl without a car and it got ugly. I had to break up with her because of the gas issues. She of course tried to make me out to be the bad guy but I got tired of spoiling her. So if anything, use having low income as a way to find out if girls like you for you.

Prepare for a lot of disappointments from liars who claim to "only want a guy that supports himself" but keep hoping that you'll bump into one that is not in it for money and you'll be fine.

• If you look around it should be obvious. It's not like all the poor people are single. Most people regardless of prosperity have relationships, get married, etc.

For young people of the age most often dating or looking for relationships, there isn't a high expectation for wealth. Even most rich people start out poor. A young couple starts with very little material things. They usually start with low income. Then as a couple they grow together, learn together, and hopefully become financially successful together.

What both women and men don't like are lazy people who make no effort to grow or do anything with their lives. Couples feed off each other. When one person is making efforts to grow and improve, that influences the other person, and vice versa. That's how couples grow, and it continues throughout their lives.

• Some would.

In general it depends heavily on age. At 20 most women don't care at all, by 25 most care quite a bit.

• I don't think most girls your age care.

• It would matter to some, but not to all.

• hahahah. no.