How to meet a nice guy?

I'm 18 and never had a real boyfriend , I've dated a guy for a bit but nothing became of it. I'm not fussy or shallow but I'm very shy especially if I like a guy. I'm not sure if it's my looks that have prevented me but i would love to meet a nice guy but I have no clue where to meet one? As I live in the country a few hours from a major city. And also Is there any hope of meeting someone who wouldn't be disheartened by my shyness?

Most Helpful Guy

• You look fine , this is all normal some men adore shy woman but just your nature will reduce the chance of finding this guy quicker and as you say living in the country will also be a bit of a draw back. When you start working you will come into contact with more people. Try to do a few more social things join a club ect.
    Don't worry though this is very common. In modern times as you have found media and forums such as here will help.

What Guys Said 6

• Well first of all you have no reason to be shy you are gorgeous, and second just give yourself time don't rush yourself. and going to major cities doesn't guarantee you that you will meet a nice guy. try Volunteering, I can guarantee you will meet nice guys there

• Most guys like shy. Anywhere with people your age (as long as they're not dunks/addicts/criminals) will do. Most folks meet someone in their everyday life so keep your eyes and options open to possibilities. There is also the net, use skype, but make sure the person is legit and be careful what you show and tell them till you know them.

• Good guys are all around you. You just need to see them. And imho, i advise you not to chase love. Let love happen. Let the perfect guy come to your life. Don't be desperate. Be happy, you deserve the best. So let love happen! Spread love to yourself first, don't worry if anyone likes you or not. Be yourself and as i said, the right guy will come to you. All the best!!!

• I LUV shy cuties! Im praying for one.. that one day she will be mine!
    Im right here. What chu want with meh? :3

• dont look out for standards and den follow it, look to meet guys and eventually you will find your nyc one.

• If you were older I would date you I'm considered a nice guy well that's what I hear when they friend zone me

What Girls Said 0