Dating religious people.. do you do it?

I don't like religion, and religious people are too stodgy. I dated a Christian then a Muslim after, but dumped them because they were too limited/narrow-minded. Do you date religious people, if not why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well not all religious people are narrow minded... I hate it when people make judgements like that.
    I'm religious but I'm definitely not "narrow minded" or "limited" or "stodgy".

In fact I'm really open minded and if people actually took the time to realize that not all religious people are the exact same, you might be pretty damn surprised.

I'd date religious people. I judge a person for who they are overall, not for just one mere belief that they hold that is different than mine.

• Sorry, most are... i've seen many of your posts here, hardly benevolent and accepting..

that said, we'll agree to disagree...

• lol... why is it others here post how they don't like religious people, and you down on me? Is there a reason I or anybody else here must care about the "primacy" of your opinion?

Perhaps learn to get on in life, and prove theists are somehow "better people" (which you've insinuated but haven't proven...)

• When did I say Theists are better better?
      meh this is a waste of my time

What Girls Said 14

• As an atheist surrounded by Christians (like 95% of the population here), I've dated some religious people, I always say never again, but, because most of the population is Christian, they don't talk about there religion, until later into the relationship, I always end up dating them, even if I don't want to. I hate how they try yo push their beliefs on me. Yes, I know all about that, I grew up as a Roman Catholic and decided at the age of seven it didn't make any logical sense.

• i would,.. prefer dating a muslim (a moderate one). that would just make my life easier. i don't think i could date any super religious person who tried to impose their beliefs on me all the time.

• Nope. Because I don't want to have arguments over what I wear/do because 'God' wouldn't approve of it. Plus I practice witchcraft.

• I date a religious guy. But then again, I'm also religious so perhaps I don't count :p

• I'm Roman Catholic, & after growing up with a Catholic dad & a fundamental Protestant mom (she's moderate now), I've made my decision. This isn't as restrictive in dating, but I've decided to pledge that I'll ONLY marry either another Catholic or Missouri Synod Lutheran, further extended to the possibility of an Episcopalian or Anglican if he's English. But a batshit crazy evangelical? I'll take a habit between the two.

• No. It doesn't matter how much I like him, if I find out he is religious, we are completely over. That is my biggest deal breaker. I almost can't even be friends, with religious people. If we are friends, then they aren't to deep, into their religion.

• I'm semi-religious, and my boyfriend isn't at all. If I were hypothetically single though, yeah I'd date a religious person. Some of the most respectful guys I've known have been religious.

• I'm not religious at all myself I just don't really see much importance of it so I tend to avoid really religious people

• I'm a christian, I'd date another christian for sure, or an agnostic, maybe a Buddhist. I personally couldn't date an unholy non-believing atheist.
    Stop generalizing a whole demographic of people based on your own personal experiences please.

• As long as he doesn't preach or make me convert into his religion I am fine

• Well, since I oppose most of the major religions' dogmas, it most likely wouldn't ever work out.

• Nope I'm not religious and I prefer dating guys with a more free thinking and deeper spiritual side.

• Nope, it's an instant deal breaker.

• Eh, depends on their personality. Not all are narrow-minded.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't like the whole "no sex before marriage" thing, praying seems like a waste of time, and I would never date anyone who supports circumcision (well unless they'd change their mind with which the world objectively already becomes a better place).

So dating a religious person would be tough, especially because I don't like putting faith into things that aren't certain, that bring God and that being the afterlife. We would probably end up not being willing to understand each other...

• If I can see they are religious in the way they live, then no, but if the only way to find out they are religious or not is to ask them about it, then why not.

• I'm a Muslim, and I'm quiet religious. Yep! Saying that, I'd prefer to date a girl who's pretty religious as well (no matter what religion she follows). But note that I used the words, 'quiet' and 'pretty', meaning somewhat in the middle in the religious scale. lol

• Does it say in the Koran to even date? and i'm glad non-theists are so "bad people"... seems you should see what your ISIS and Boko Haram brethren are doing...

• It's unlawful to date, of course I shouldn't. I can't listen to music, but I do and not only that, I even sing. We all do mistakes, we're not perfect, we're human for god's sake.

Why do you call MY ISIS? Why are you being so judgmental? What's your hatred towards Muslims or Christians or anyone out there? I see about ISIS on the news, I don't even know who they are. According to Islam, they're completely wrong, I'd even argue that they're not muslims. Killing is a major sin that you would be considered as a non-muslim if you commit one.

and, I never even heard of anything called Boko Haram or anything you mentioned! -_-

For fucks sake, don't judge people mate! We're all living in this world in the 21st century. There are about 1.6 Billion muslims around the world, so just because of the acts of those groups or organizations, would you think people around the world's into that shit too? NO! Mahn I wonder why are people being so ignorant on purpose.

• Been there, done that, never gonna happen again. I'd prefer a faithless heathen to spend my days with.

• OK... so a lack of religion is bad, when many non-religious people are just as decent as those who worship... got it..

• Then what the hell are you asking?

• No way I will never again.