Would you be willing to start dating someone who admitted they were only somewhat attracted to you?

They don't think you are ugly, but you're not much to look at either. They think other people are far more attractive than you, but they would date you if you said yes. However if a more attractive person began showing them more interest, they would forget about you.

Keep in mind, answers like "If I loved them" can't really apply here since you hardly know each other so no strong bond has been established.

ex. You are dating a new person, but you find out they are barely attracted to you. Do you continue going on dates with them and making time for them? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• No ways... that's not normal. Ask any person who's in love with another person and they'll say that person is the most beautiful person in their eyes. I want a love like that. It can't be true love if he/she is willing to openly say they are only "somewhat" attracted. No one deserves someone like that. You deserve someone who thinks you're beautiful and has a crush on you.

What Guys Said 6

• I forgot who said this, but the quote goes something like, "Men are attracted to their wife, and then grow to love her. Women are in love with their husband, and then find him more and more attractive." When people read that, their first reaction is, "Haha, that's funny, and so true." Their second reaction is," I wish it weren't that way." Their third reaction is (if they are men), "I wish they would also be initially attracted too."

That is the dream, and that's also what "hurts" about that quote once we realize that it's an expression of how many men and women function mentally in terms of social relationships.

The truth is, not too many women actually find their boyfriend "SEXUALLY attractive" initially. As hard as this might be to admit, for some men (heck, for most men), not every man is "SEXUALLY attractive." Which means, in most relationships, the woman did not initially agree to date the guy because she found him to be "SEXUALLY attractive." That's okay. That's something he has to cope with. . . UNLESS. . .

Unless he really "is" sexually attractive, and it's just "you" that doesn't find him sexually attractive. Sure, every guy longs to feel that way, but if a man is "used" to feeling that way, then a relationship with a woman that doesn't feel that way about him isn't going to last too long.

• "However if a more attractive person began showing them more interest, they would forget about you."

If this is the case, then absolutely no way I'd date that person. In fact, I'd avoid them like plague. Suppose I'm the one who finds the other person less attractive, then I still would continue going on dates with them and try to make things work because I place a lot more emphasis on attraction and at emotional and intellectual level, rather than physical attractiveness.

• if they actually told me in those words "if anyone better comes, it's over" and "I'm not really attracted on any level, but I need someone to hang with"- then no, that would be grossly offensive and demeaning.

• If you didn't state those things and simply didn't act really keen, then of course most guys would try their chances if they liked you.

• No. No interest.

• ehh... to be honest if it seems like they aren't all that into you, i would just drop it and let it go

• No I wouldn't date them. I want someone who finds me very attractive even if that is like impossible

What Girls Said 6

• Lol this actually happened to me, I couldn't be normal with him afterwards because I was hurting myself by staying around, so I dropped him. I didn't leave quietly though, I made sure to tell him about himself before I left lmao!!

• No, why would any sane person put up with that?

• No way would I date someone that wasn't attracted to me.

• no, that results in hurt feelings and an instant dump.

• Definitely not. I gotta have a guy who's deeply attracted to my unique physique and flawed face. He has to see things differently from the rest of the world like i do. All the back n forth won't work.

• No I'm not going for it. It's just a lust