What do I do with this summer guy?

I met this guy during summer vacation who became my summer fling. The thing is, the place where I visited during the summer is the place where my parents live, so I go there for part of the summer and part of my winter break every year. The guy I met this summer was such a sweetheart and we got along so well. He always messaged me everyday and he would call too occasionally. He would also tell me how he really likes me and how he thinks I am a pretty, kind, and smart girl. Near the end of the summer when I had to go back to where I am from for school, we had sex. He told me he really likes me and that we will still be friends, keep in contact, and can continue our fling in December when I come back. He had already warned me not to fall for him, because he said that we can't be together because we live in different countries. He also told me he is not ready for a serious relationship. We also don't message everyday like we used to. He says he has been busy at work; however, the way we would interact isn't the same as it was during the summer.

This has put me in a bad spot. I thought I wouldn't fall for him, but he was so kind and affectionate towards me and we got along well that I ended up becoming emotionally attached.

A part of me wants to believe that when I finish school and move back to where my parents and he lives, he and I will have already been good friends that one day we would be together. Yet, a part of me feels like an idiot because there's always a possibility that we'll never be more than just a holiday fling.

I have been really bothered by all this. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Give yourself time to think about weigh your values with his, But by the sounds of it he may only want you for a friends with benefits kind of relationship. Just be patient and find out, but don't close yourself off from any potential opportunities you come across while you're going to school.

What Guys Said 3

• Get in contact, you never know long distance things can work.

• Try discovering him.

• Dump him and move on.

What Girls Said 0