Shy girl spending a lot of time with me - does she like me?

Over the summer, I got a girl's number and we texted back and forth a little. We had a couple good conversations, but I kind of held back after she stopped replying (I didn't stop, but there were definitely some times where I went a few weeks without talking).

This girl is very shy and forgetful, and I don't think I have ever seen her initiate anything. She is not the best looking girl in the world, but as far as I'm concerned, she is beautiful. I don't think she has ever had a BF.

Now that school has started, I decided I would just pretty much give up, as I didn't want to disappoint myself. But now, SHE is spending a lot of time with me, on her own will. We have spent hours studying together, getting lunch a few days, etc. We do mainly talk about school work now (mainly because we are both that busy), but I do get solid eye contact, smiles, etc. The only person I have spent more time with is my absolute best friend.

Where should I go next? Is she interested at all, or am I just blindly friend-zoned? I don't want to just ask her out, as if it goes bad, EVERYONE will know about it. But, I would like to show more interest, and maybe get her to open up a little more.

Updates:
Anyone else? Maybe a guy's opinion on this? Thanks!

0|0
1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• She obviously likes you. But if it is her first relationship, don't push.. but don't also become too distant. She wants your attention, but she doesn't want to be pressured into anything. Have you tried asking her how she feels?

0|0
    0|0
    • No, I haven't, and as I said above, I'm not sure if I want to be that direct at this point (I want to wait until I get some better signs). Any things I could do to imply I am interested without scaring her?

• Show All
    • Thanks. I've been trying that a little, but I hope I'm not moving too slow. We have not broken the touch barrier yet, so I don't know.

• I think you're on the right track. Good luck.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.