The Myth of Ugly guys and pretty girls?

After reading a bit of gossip about how Ellie Golding cheated on Ed Sheeran with one of the pretty boys from One Direction and then laughed when she heard rumors that she ever even dated Ed Sheeran (he's pretty ugly,) I've started thinking about how even if ugly dudes manage to get "really hot" girls of their dreams there almost always embarrassed to be seen with them and this goes IN GENERAL for most pretty girls. Agreed?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a lie, it didn't happen... at all. Tabloids are just bullshit.

An attractive person (girl or guy) most likely won't date someone unattractive. And if they do, they're probably attracted to them (not everyone agrees on what is and isn't attractive) so no they wouldn't be ashamed of being in public with them.

Do you want to date an "ugly" girl?

What Girls Said 6

• Nope. Myself and my friends are "pretty" and I prefer a guy who is kinda ugly ish with a good personality over an attractive tool. I also like to be the better looking one cause then I feel like it gives me more security within the relationship that I won't be left.. its false security but it works. But most of the time its just a guys personality that works... some really nice guys are not the best looking but id date them over a hot one anyday

• No I don't agree at all... wouldn't the guy be really happy that he has a hot girlfriend and stop being so self conscious

• oh poorly worded i meant the pretty girls are embarrassed to have ugly bfs

• Well if they were embarrassed they'd just dump the guys simple as... and just because a girl is naturally very pretty dosent mean that she's shallow and only cares about looks... maybe they want boyfriends that actually care about them :)

• Oh for a second I thought they were dating and I didn't know about it. But isn't ellie dating Calvin harris? Anyway sorry off topic. Itz there personality/what people are attracted to. Haven't u liked someone because that always made you laugh? I did and trust he wasn't good looking.

• Yeah, I was just wondering because a lot of girls care about status and what other girls are saying about them so if girls were making fun of the guy you were holding hands with etc. and he was considered like 8 levels uglier than you would that, for most girls, be a dealbreaker.

• he wrote a hate song called Don't supposedly about Ellie Golding

• Oh my bad lol. Yeah I like that song.. and ur right they were spotted holding hands. I guess Ellie is a little slut. Even though I don't wanna say that about her she has been flirty with more than 2 guys.

• there shouldn't even be such thing of people getting judged by their looks and being known to date certain people just because of how they look >.< its just messed up -.-

• Ed looks average. Not ugly.

• Yes
    I don't get why men go through all that effort to get a girl only to take her for granted as soon as they are together. And Ellie is unattractive to me

What Guys Said 2

• It's all about money and status.

• but if they are both successful won't looks win out (for most girls)

• well he wrote this song about a celebrity who cheated on him with a guy from one direction so maybe it's the opposite

• People cheat for all kinds of reasons.

• when one is desperate it doesn't matter much