I'm scared to waste my first kiss on a girl who might not like me back?

I have been hanging out with a coworker for the past three months. What has started as an (awkward to me) "date" ( I asked her out, but I doubt she saw it as a date) has become a friendship that I cherish.

The last time we hung out, we spent the whole day together: fishing, boba/talking, trespassing, smoking, video watching. She was more dressed up than usual, which really caught my eye. Towards the end, we were huddled before her laptop. She was showing me a video. She was sitting on the chair and I was on my knees next to her. At a certain point, I found that we were just looking at each other for a good 10 seconds or so. I wanted to kiss her so bad, but I was too scared. I didn't know if she would kiss me back or just turn away.

I had never kissed before so it got me worried that if I went through with it in that moment, I would waste it on someone who didn't even like me back. We are good friends and it would be awesome if I could share this beautiful moment of my life with her, but I'm just so afraid she'll reject me. And in doing so, ruining our friendship. I guess I'm just being eager, but this s really stressful.

Girls, what should I do? How would you feel about being a guys first kiss even if you didn't like home back or just letting him down after he went for it?

Most Helpful Girl

• My first kiss was when I was 12 and my neighbor was 14 and we went in the woods and made out. We never kissed again and never talked about it. You're much older than that so I would just ask her. Live your life. Life is too short. My coworker and I were out for drinks (we are pretty good friends) and he asked to kiss me on my lips and I said sure just to see how it went. Well it didn't go but it was just a kiss nothing more. Go for it. Worst that will happen is it will be weird for like a week and then it never happened

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think the girl would freak out she just might be confused. But maybe she does like you and will love it but also I just wanna add. People love up their first kiss t be some magical thing, I did. But to tell you the truth your 1st kiss is probably the worst. It's awkward. It's weird. Your usually not that good and you don't know exactly what you doing and it's just a big mess. Also it usually doesn't go how you want or happen how you planned. Im remember it's just a kiss. If you want to hold on to somthing special havd it be your virginity because that is actually special. A kiss is just a kiss.

• It's completely normal to want to save your first kiss for the right person. There's very few people who actually think the way you do. I'd say next time you have a moment when you're staring in each other's eyes, look at her lips then back towards her eyes. That should give her the signal that you want to kiss her. If that's not too direct for you then ask her, in the moment, if you can kiss her. Hopefully that works out and , if she doesn't feel the same way, well at least you know:) Good luck

• Honestly don't sweat your first kiss. I barely remember the name of my first kiss. It's no big deal you'll kiss a lot of other girls. Now that I think about it I think his name was john

• Chances are that you will not spend the rest of your life with your first kiss. If you wait until she is your girlfriend, it might feel special in the moment, but years later after you've moved on and kissed other girls, whether she like you back won't mean anything.

It's okay to want to save your first kiss for someone special. But don't go crazy trying to make it perfect. Do you like this lady? Do you enjoy her friendship? Is she special to you? Even if it doesn't work out with her, you will be able to look back on your first kiss and know that it was with someone who was special to you. She has meaning to you.

• I have two guy best friends. one who I literally see as a brother, the other one of the only guys I've ever truly had feelings for. Obviously if the second kissed me, I would be ecstatic. If the first did, I would be a little weirded out, but at the same time I wouldn't be upset/scream and run away/ect.

You sound like a genuinely great guy, and I think the next time the chance presents itself, you should go for it. she sounds like a cool girl, and if she rejects you/or even turns you down after, I bet she would be nice about it. If nothing comes of it, at least it was with someone you truly care about who truly cares about you too, even if not in that way.

I had my first kiss at 16, about a month after I started dating my first boyfriend (because I was so nervous about it). I still consider him a pretty good friend today, and I'm glad that even though things didn't work out between us, my first kiss was with him.

Good luck, man!

What Guys Said 2

• 1. You could always tell a white lie next time and say that it was your first kiss.
    2. If you're worried your being too eager and she's more lukewarm, you may be right.

• Just don't worry about it. You'll know if the time is right or not. What you need to do is just count to three in you head. Once you count down just go for it. That's what I do in life. Just count to three then make a decision. Worst case, she says no or isn't into it. It's life, but there's a million other girls who probably wouldn't mind a kiss from you