"Hey I love you, wanna get matching tats?"?

Ok so, my boyfriend and I are doing very well and I'm super happy. It hasn't been that long and I don't wanna do it right away but I would like to get a sort of couple tattoo with him. We're seniors in high school and will be leaving soon. He plans on joining the marine corp and will be gone and we really don't know what will happen when he is gone. I know it sounds crazy but it doesn't have to be like a couple tattoo of us as a couple it could be just representing our relationship as friends and the time we have spent together (Dating a few months and friends for over 6 years). I just want something that bonds us together that will always be there. I'm not saying I want his name across my chest but a small one that I can always remember him by no matter if he comes home and marries me, if we break up, or if he doesn't come home... I just don't want him to be gone and not be felt. Do you think its a bad idea? Do you think if I talk about it with him, it will freak him out?

Most Helpful Guy

• I hope you two work out in the future because if you break up then I hope you have $$ for laser removal or be able to explain it in a sensitive manner to your next boyfriend!!

• Would you mind if your girlfriend had a tattoo had was something dealing with her boyfriend or husband that had passed away while serving? (asking because ur a guy and I'm curious.)

What Guys Said 2

• I don't see why not. I would recommend choosing something that is significant to you both, but not only meaningful to you two as a couple. That way, when you most likely break up, you won't hate it.

• Don't do it, odds are you will not stay together forever

What Girls Said 1

• Whatever you do, do NOT getting matching tats.