Do guys like girls that play video games, or ones that watch you play?

I really like video games but every time I tell a guy that they think I'm faking it to make them like me. So do guys like a girl who will play video games with them, or one that will watch the guy play.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is a real cultural issue with the 'fake geek girl' thing. It's a shame so many people buy into that nonsense. Nobody picks up an interest simply for the sake of impressing people.
    This attitude achieves nothing but further perpetuating the idea that games are a boys club.

In any case, yeah, playing games is fuckin' badass. I'd love to have a partner who played video games. Either on her own, or with/against me. Watching someone else play is boring.

What Guys Said 15

• It doesn't really matter to me, much. Honestly, playing games, for me, is kind of just how I spend my alone time. It'd be like me asking if girls like guys that read with them or like books. If they like books, that's something nice to talk about, but it's not really a big deal if they like them too and reading together just wouldn't be the same. Reading a book can be a very relaxing thing to do when you're alone and that's why I generally read books, as well. I've just never really found girls that genuinely liked games and, when they have, it's just been the typical CoD or Battlefield games or Skyrim or something. I don't know. I'm pretty indifferent to it and slightly put off by them having an interest in games, honestly.

• I guess I'd only kind of like it if she REALLY was a gamer girl. Not that she did it for guys or that she played some of the big main franchise games because she liked them, but actually had really good taste in games and genuinely enjoyed them. That, to me, would be attractive. If she really and genuinely appreciated games as an art form, then I'd be down for a girl like that.

• i like it when a girl will give a game a try and i like it when she will play to, but im happy if a girls happy to watch.

• Well i guess i'd think of it in the same way i think of video games- ok now and then, playing games every so often with a girl could be fun but overdoing it would be dull. So to answer your question seeing as it's such a small part of my life it makes no real difference on whether i like the girl

• I definitely would love a REAL gamer girl. When I say real, I mean one who really plays and really knows how to play. Not the type that only plays games like farmville or candy crush or games like that or the type that only pretends and only watches. I want a girl who can have my back when playing mmos and the likes or someone who can be competitive enough to play against me. Now that would be fun.

• That's cool and such, but it isn't that much if a game changer or not if she likes them or not. I prefer her to like cars over video games.

• Fuck yeah I like girls who play video games. I don't play mines as much anymore, but I wouldn't mind it on bit.

• I don't really mind either/or I mean whatever floats your boat. I don't mind playing super smash bros and battlefield or whatever the other wants to play. Just. Don't rage when I own you. =P

• I like girls who both play with me, or watch me... but I prefer playing with me, because the constant nagging gets on my nerves some times.

• I do I'm actually a gamer and use to date someone that love video games. And yes I do like girls that are into gaming. It's pretty cool.

• I'd prefer a girl to watch or have a support and healer kind of role lol

• Definitely a girl that plays.

• I like both.

• I enjoy playing video games and enjoy REAL gamer girls ( not the ones who find sexism but the ones who kick butt ! ).
    Sadly none i have met so far to play with =/

• I always love to have a gamer girl who can play with me :D. Sick of being lonely. I can and i will.

• i actually like girls who play video games tbh. but just my opinion you'd have to ask other

What Girls Said 0