I really like these two guys but they're both very different and I'm not sure who to pursue help!?

So I'm going to start with the first guy, we'll say his names Carl. "Carl" drinks a lot and he does smoke weed and cigerettes on occasion but so do I. I've hung out with "Carl" at a few parties and once with a bunch of his friends, we texted all the time in class and till late at night and we seemed to have a lot in common and we flirted a little bit but he's kind of shy and not very forward plus he's had plenty of opportunities to kiss me but he hasn't and recently he only texts me when he's drunk or if I text him first and it's always a boring convo that ends really quickly so I'm not sure if he likes me anymore!

The second guy we'll say his name is Steven. "Steven" is a sweetheart but he's had a lot of girlfriends and it makes me worried I might just be a rebound or something, we hang our way more often than me and "Carl" and he always hugs me and cuddles me and kisses me on the face and neck and we've made out twice. We seem to have some things in common but we don't really talk about it we mostly flirt a lot but he's really funny and nice. "Steven" also hangs out with all of my friends and isn't in to drugs or drinking like me or "Carl" and I don't want him to be. But recently he didn't invite me to a bonfire he was having but he invited his ex girlfriend (who I'm friends with, however she thinks I should go for him) but I'm worried that he might be trying to get her back. Also I recently addmited that I had feelings for him during a game of truth or dare which I really didn't want to do, but he didn't really seem to care he didn't blush or seem uncomfortable he just acted completely normal and when he was asked who he liked he said he had feelings for someone that we all didn't know and now I don't know what to do because I was starting to like "Steven" and now I don't think he likes me as much and I'm still not sure about "Carl" either I don't know who I should persue and who actually likes me! I'm 17 if that's useful, and any advice is appreciated! Thanks

• Should I go for "Carl"
  • Should I go for "Steven"

Most Helpful Girl

• Forget Both of these boys, sweetie. Carl is nothing but a drunk and a weed whacker, which is a bad influence on you. And with his Bad habits, his addictive antics, you will only end up an Enabler, never a girlfriend. Don't go down that beaten path with this guy... Guys like him end up in trouble all of their lives, and before he even hits the graduation podium, if he decides to get his diploma, he will be put in some jail cell or rehab for being this Problem child. All his love and kissy faces won't make this Matter at hand go away...
    As far as Steven goes, it sounds as though he is Not into you as much as he May still be living in the past with the Other 'EX' half, and with that being said, if he decided to go back with her, which I am sure he is trying to do as I write this, This would leave you out in the cold and out of many a-----Bonfire.
    You're only 17, take your time, make the right t choices in life who is better for you to be with. And a lush of a loser and a guy who is chasing a ghost from the past and puts you on the back burner, are surely No catch for you. You deserve more than what you are getting with two who are still wet behind the ears.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 3

• Carl doesn't like you. Steven doesn't like you. Move on.

• Steven seems like that regular boring ''popular guy'', so I voted Carl.

• Carl seems like the troubled guy, you should move on unless you can fix his life.
    Steven seems the popular player guy, you move on from him too.

What Girls Said 12

• I would have gone for Carl, but only because Steven had turned u down... so i dont understand the question? whether or not carl likes u, is questionable b/c even though he sees u more as a friend, and u guys dont hang out that much, he may still be interested... but steven told u he has a another girl in mind, meaning that sorry to tell u, he isn't interested even though he made out with u... honestly if i were in ur situation, and realized all of this, i would have to turn down both or stay friends with both, cuz they dont seem interested, and i feel like ur more into steven, because you have kissed and had a connection, and are disappointed that he didn't care ( been there, i got it) ... ugg this situation sucks for u, but reality has hit u, its ultimatley ur decision and i dnt think either will end well

• i voted carl because it seemed no matter who i chose you would of gotten treated as rag-doll with no respect what so ever so i thought heck if she's gonna **** (excuse my language) let her get the full package so you won't make the same mistakes also jessary as fair warning i can only see you getting hurt and you seem sweet so good luck

(p. s. if you actually had to put data and statistics from random people of WHO you should date and feel no remorse or regret for not choosing the other... doesn't that mean you have no real feelings for either of them also though i have nothing against you having fun i would suggest dating someone who you actually love and not someone who has these small appeals or someone, others think you should love)

• by the way im not trying to be mean with my answer i just want you make the right decision and not get hurt or confused process and i really do hope you choose for the best

• I think none of those guys like you... so how can you 'go' for either...

• Steven~~ Carl is just playing with you and it would be better not to choose him. You might stand a better chance with Steven but then the way things are turning out, you better forget both of them, I don't want to be mean but I think that both of them might not like you. >_<

• Neither sounds like a good idea.

• to me steven seems like he does like you he is probably afraid to tell or show it. I would chose steven if I were you because he seems better then carl who smokes and drinks...

• i didn't vote because i honestly dont think either of these guys like you.

• You are probably better off single. But if I had to pick one for you I would stay on the safe side and go for Steven. Drugs are bad and something you shouldn't have to be around at your age.

• Go for the second one you like because if you truly liked the first one, you wouldn't have chose to like the other guy so it's better if you go for the 2nd one !

• They're both a**holes. Just get yourself a dog or something.
    Really though, don't just settle for one of them. Wait for someone who doesn't make you question whether or not he likes you. Believe me, he'll come around.

• Steven's probably better.

• None of them. I voted Carl just to see results and because I have a personal antipathy for those like Stiven. But none of them is the answer. Just focus on school and forget them.