Guys, as far as dating goes, would it be a turn-off knowing a girl was a stripper for two months under these circumstances? How would you view her?

When I was 20 I was going through a lot of crazy, grandiose phases. My judgement is a bit impaired & this was definitely one of my most erratic decisions.

Reason being is because (aside from years of curiosity of how it's really like compared to the media) I was booted from my job at Wal-Mart (I hated it there), & the fact that I had lost my job gave me an excuse to get a "new one," that being stripping.

It's riveting at first, but after a while it declines to where you feel like crap, you're emotionally taxed enough, & you find out the definition of first-world slavery is being treated like an employee as an independent contractor. That's probably the biggest workers' rights issue I picked up from that.

Once my CNA license finally got on the registry, I was able to get a job at a home health place, & stopped stripping.

As far as what I did with my money, I can say this...
-took my little brother to the amusement park for his 16th birthday.
-got my first SmartPhone
-was able to pay for my philanthropy trip to Louisiana, which in turn helped me get to know wholesome people & refresh my track on life.
-pay for 2 college courses that my parents didn't have to pay for & were able to help me graduate on time.

The only person who knows about me stripping is my brother, because I told him in confidence after it was all said & done.

• Yes, it's definitely a turn-off regardless if it was for good reasons.
  • It's not a turn-off if it was for good reasons.
  • Doesn't matter the reason, it's none of my business. She has the right to make her own decisions.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not too sure about the other guys here but I HAVE dated 3 strippers and one ended up being something seriously even if it was a STR. There's a lot of trust and communication that has to be enforced and applied to the relationship. I wouldn't care if the girl stripped in the past and doesn't anymore. Go to Las Vegas and I promise you that the strippers there many are students in a university trying to pay off student loans and many of which are quite smart. You've got your CNA, that's awesome! You are trying to better yourself and if a guy cannot understand your circumstances and reasons as to why you choose to strip then maybe he's not all that bf material you may have thought he was. Being a bf to a stripper was no easy task, it's a lifestyle that one is not ready for and patience is key. This is your past focus on your future. You shouldn't have to be judged and criticized about your past when they weren't even there to begin with. I hope to have helped.

• You definitely did. :) Honestly, it's not like I'd be cheating by giving a chair dance. It was just my job, that's all. Honestly I'm curious about how it'd be the other way around. If I were a man & was a former male stripper, I think girls would be all over that.

What Guys Said 15

• I'd be fine with it. It wouldn't bother me at all.
    You'd even get extra points if you were good at it. No skills are wasted.

• I would date a girl that was a stripper because that would mean that she is physically attractive. That is all.

• That's gross.

• FYI a lot of women who are strippers aren't honestly that attractive. Believe me. I was the "hottest" one in there & I'm not exactly a goddess myself.

• Not a turn off since you realized it want for you (long term).

• Not a problem. You did that to legitimately better yourself. I respect that.

• Bullshit to the labor issue... you volunteered and got paid.
    Other than that, if a girl is truly an exhibitionist, which few strippers are, then yes it could be a total turn-on.

• I don't think it matters whether I'm somewhat of an exhibitionist or not. Yes, I fulfilled that curiosity in exhibitionism during my time stripping. Yes, I was able to make the money needed to better things for myself. But going into it for benign reasons, does that make me the Whore of Babylon?

• You tell me to put on my clothes & run along... yet you hope I'm "re-nakeded..."

Funny how that argument self-collapses.
      But of course, I have no validity, just someone on the Internet among billions.

• it didn't self-collapse. you just made it go flaccid.

• i dated strippers. they are down to earth people.

• Really? The girls that professionally feign attraction and interest are "down to earth"? I'm skeptical to say the least.

• If I knew a girl had been a stripper, that would be a turn off.

• thanks for your honesty. at least I can say I'm a virgin, lol.

• IF YOU ARE Virgin then I will ignore that if your personality changed. Anyway as long as you regret it now so God forgive anything and you need a guy who respect u and understant that.

• I do give credit to God for protecting me from the dangers involved in it. I don't plan on going back into stripping anytime soon. But I don't suck up to God either because I know that's not what He wants of me.

• I'm not gong to hear it and be glad, it's turn off, something I'd want to move past and not dwell on, it's not guaranteed to ruin the relationship

• why shame her on it though?

• Fair enough. I wouldn't want that lurking in his mind though as to where it'd bother him, so I probably wouldn't want to date someone who'd be candidly bothered by it.

• id love it !!!

• Why would you love it?

• ah don't think about it too much, you're a good girl. listen once a guy falls for you he will love you no matter what you did. who cares about the past !!!

• Thanks for the kind words. :)

• Well, i hate strippers but i think you gained my respect so, yeah without ill date you and if you trust me. Ill give you family name as my wife.

• JUST stripping is not a problem, if it was for good reasons ( money shortage and stuff like that ). But if you got "physical" wit hthe "clients"... then we might have a problem...

• Ew, no. I was a stripper but not a prostitute. I had been degraded enough already, wasn't going to add that on.

• Then no problem - as long as you don't keep doing it.

• I don't plan on going back in there soon.

• Yeah that would be too much for me. I'd stop seeing the girl after that.

• Fair enough. Even if it was a past thing? Do you feel this could be comparable to having done crack or meth, or would that not be an issue?

• Those would be deal breakers too as would have any criminal offences.

• That's smokinnn

• for me, no.

• if I may ask, are you psycho-religious?

• Religion to me is stupid, and I don't think stripping is immoral.

• Ok fair enough

• Don't particularly see an issue.

What Girls Said 1

• Don't ever tell this to your partner. It will change their view on you as a girlfriend/wife material!

• Honesty is a sign of integrity. I wouldn't tell him right away.

• Guys are just really complicited. I would be afraid that his view on me would change after knowing and maybe its effecting future arguments ect.
      Either way, if you feel close to that person and trust him then i totally respect your honesty. I just probably wouldn't do it lol

• I wouldn't want to be with someone with whom I felt I couldn't trust. My ex-fiance told me that he was on meth throughout his teenhood until he turned to Christ. Do you know how honoring that is for him to love & trust me enough to tell me that?