When he drops me off at the end of the date, how do I keep things from being awkward?

I've gone on three dates with this guy, but this will be the first time he's picking me up.
We're just getting coffee, and then going to a movie, but it's when he drops me off that I'm nervous about. Do we sit in the car when we get back to my house? I feel like he's probably gonna want to kiss me (I think he tried at the end of our last date, but I didn't expect it so by the time I realized what he was doing I had already pulled away to break our hug), which I'm fine with, but I'm unsure enough about it that I won't initiate it. I just don't want to end up sitting there awkwardly not knowing what he wants to do. But at the same time, I don't want it to seem like I'm waiting for him to do something.
And also, even hugging in a car is uncomfortable, so I don't know what I should do.
Ugghhh, I'm sorry, I'm just inexperienced and confused, and I don't want to embarrass myself. I'm 22, but I have zero dating experience, and zero kissing experience, and I just feel awkward all the time!

Most Helpful Girl

• well you could hope that he at least walks you to the door, if not just make conversation in the car on the way home. i mean i dont think it'll be too hard, and when he says bye, just kiss him on the cheek, that way you won't have to uncomfortably hug him or wait for him to kiss you.

What Guys Said 1

• It is ok to share a kiss. Take the initiative and give him a kiss instead of waiting for one. You have to start somewhere.

What Girls Said 0