How to kindly tell a girl your not interested when they are interested?

So there's this one girl, nice, kind, sweet, sort of hyperactive and we've been friends for a while, recently however she has given hints that she likes me. However I don't really like her (just not my type and I'm not ready to start dating again), so how to I tell her that I just don't like her without hurting her feelings or damaging our friendship?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, try not to lead her on and wait to tell her the truth. Tell her that your not ready to date and that you guys should just be friends, but don't stop talking to her. Keep talking to her in a friend way and she will get the idea of friends and eventually move on. Because if you say you just want to be friends and stop talking to her, she will get sad and be awkward around you.

What Girls Said 3

• Just say that you are in no way ready for a relationship. That way it is not fully directed at her on the fact that you do not like her.

• Just tell her you guys make great friends and be like I just want you to know that if we were any more than that it would ruin our relationship. Just be real sweet about it.

What Guys Said 0