Is it okay for a 14 year old and an 18 year old to have a relationship?

And by dating I mean hugging and holding hands. No sexual contact.

Most Helpful Girl

• The maturity level difference and sex drive difference are big issues. Also you're in in different stages of life - one living at home with the parents, the other presumably at college and/or working and renting their own place.

And throughout the world, the age of consent can vary from 16 to 17 to 18, but never as low as 14. I know you say that no sex will be involved, but people might think it's going on even if it's not; and an 18 year old can be incredibly horny, not to mention he could overpower you.

Might I add, you don't need a relationship at age 14. You should be focusing on schoolwork, hobbies and friends.

• Thanks for MH 😄

• Just a minor note. The age of consent is 13 in Japan.

• Interesting. I'll probably remember that now.

What Guys Said 2

• I find your question disturbing.

img3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Unacceptable-1.gif

• As long as it's not sexual you know he is adult and your still under the age of consent

• Booo, what other reason would an 18 year old male want to be doing with a 14 year old girl?

• If you want to be more creditable in your opinion, it should read "No 18 year old man should take advantage of a 14 year old child". Do you have children?

• If you were age 16 and age of consent you could be with the guy age 18

What Girls Said 10

• For suggest it. When your older you've been around boys longer so you can detect more of their bullshit. But when your young you can't see all of their tricks left. Guys especially then are horned up as hell. Most of them don't see the relationship as real and just want sex. It's really sad but I've seen it time and time again. It may be real, but if course I haven't seen you two. But more than likely this is just kinda a hookup. Also older guys are way more likely to pressure you into sex, especially because a lot of girls they know have already had it

• You're a child and they're an adult, this is never a good idea. It may start out innocent but situations can easily get out of control. Children and adults should never date.

• No way in hell. Any 18 year old who wants to date a 14 year old is not looking to just hold hands. He is looking to take advantage of a kid.

• I doubt an 18-year old would be okay with 'no sexual contact'.

• Not really. Even though it's not sexual it's the fact of it bring legal and the age gap. If u were 20 and he were 24 that would be an acceptable situation because you r both older and adults. Not an adult and a minor. Because if a police officer saw Ur guys he would be arrested whether u guy have been sexual or not. I know this cuz I've been in your shoes and was told this by a police officer.

• Ohh no go back to school and study hard and forget this guy there is no way an 18 year old is going to be happy with just hand holding for long

• It depends on your maturity level. But a 14 year old girl is still too young for me to date an 18 year old guy. I am 23 and my bf is 31. Its an 8yrs gap but i think we're both matured enough to know what we really want in life.

• I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with it. But you would have to be somewhat on the same level of maturity and while 18 year old boys are certainly not mature, I don't think either of you are ready for a relationship together (just giving my outsider opinion). Flash forward some years to 20 and 24 and that's great... but from 14 to 18 there's soooo much growing up that takes place. You will both want different things.

Not to mention, hugging and hand holding is not enough to qualify as a relationship. I don't know any 18 year old boy that would want this. No offense.

• No way, that is considered rape by law

• Honey get your ass back to recess and let him get drunk and come home with half a penis