Did I completely mess up the first kiss?

So I went on a fourth date with this guy today. Coffee and a movie. He drive me home and walked me to the door, and I gave him a hug and then he kissed me.
Buuuut after breaking the kiss I got totally shy and awkward, and I got this big dumb grin on my face that I could not for the life of me get rid of, and I couldn't look at his face. And I just said something like "ummmm so I'm glad you finally got to see (the movie we went to), and today was fun, aaaand I'm going to go inside now".

I realize I'm a total idiot, but did I completely mess up here?

Most Helpful Girl

• Naw he probably thought your shyness was cute. But in case he interpreted it as something else I would try and reafirm to him that you like him. Guys can be kinda stupid sometimes and may take you're awkwardness as you not liking the kiss.

What Guys Said 3

• No, that would come across as cute and flustered. A guy is not going to be discouraged by a girl that ended up flustered, with a huge grin on her face, after a simple kiss. That always should be interpreted as a good sign for any guy who knows how to read some simple body language.

• Just call him and tell him the truth. If he finds you weird he's a dumbass. If he doesn't then he's got that "something" for you!

Oh and let me be clear, I said CALL HIM, not TEXT HIM. In that situation, put your shyness apart and do call him to explain why you did this and that you felt, i don't know, shy? lol.

This will get both of you closer if you can TELL him instead of TEXTING him.

Good luck girl !

JM

• No, you sound rather cute and appreciative to me.

What Girls Said 1

• No being shy is pretty cute. When i first kissed the guy im with right now i did just about the same thing and im pretty sure my face was burning red and when he saw me he just hugged me really tight and i hid my face on his chest and every time he does something that makes me blush i hide my face because im a pretty shy person and he thinks its cute. If i hide my face with my hands he'll just take my hands off and kiss my palms and finger tips. so no you didn't mess up its normal. hope this helped