Have you ever dated someone that didn't text you very often?

All the girls I've gone out with we text basically all the time but the latest girl says she gets distracted easily so we hardly ever text. It's been about a month and I told her I liked her but she hasn't said anything like that back to me. Last week she invited me to do things with her twice though. Should I be worried? I feel like maybe I'm just really needy but I hate not knowing if she likes me or not because both of these things are making me worry...

Most Helpful Girl

• That doesn't make any sense. If you told her you like her, whether she "gets distracted easily" or whatever other excuse she has for not texting you often, she could have at least done you the courtesy of responding with some type of reaction--in person, phone call--some type of method of communication.

I guess either she ignored it because she didn't like it or is now inviting you out on her terms because she's cool with it. I don't know.

I like to text often. I just makes me feel connected to what's going on. That doesn't equal neediness or clinginess though.

What Girls Said 6

• I may be a teenager, but I would NEVER text my boyfriend. I always called them. I rather hear them talk to me because I like it much better. Hearing my boyfriend's voice makes me happy. When you text, somone other than your boyfriend can text you and we could have a big misunderstanding. To me, I prefer calling. :)

• LOL i wanna ask why guys don't text as much, i'm a texter i can text you all day. and if i like you/we're dating/you're the boyfriend, you're pretty much the person i'm annoying first if i'm bored. but i know some girls who take forever to text back but it's just them, my friend she DOES get distracted easily and she's not addicted to her phone. but when we do talk it's all good and fine. so i think maybe your girl is just one of those girls.

can i ask, why do guys stop texting after a while? like at first it's good morning texts and stuff and occassionally throughout the day then eventually it just disappears altogether?

• I'm not one for texting and neither is my hubby, tbh.
    It's not a bad thing. Try and spend more time with her in person, that's much better than texting and you'll be her only distraction :)

• No basically I hardly ever text.

• The last guy I dated hardly ever texted. He was more of a phone call or in person type of guy.

• I suck at texting, absolutely suck at it. Today's Labor Day so I have time to be on my phone, but I'm also ADD and I suck at texting the guys I'm interested in. If she's inviting you out and you've already told her you like her chances are she likes you too. When a guy I don't like tells me he likes me, I'm quick to friend zone him. doesn't sound like that's what she's done. Just keep calm and ask her out for putt putt and ice cream or something.

What Guys Said 0