Attracted friends, but missing the "spark"?

My friend and I have known each other for about 3 years, we met in college through a mutual friend and hit it off really well. Now she lives with me after moving back from her 6 month college course for massage therapy. Within the last year or so we have ventured across the friend zone and into more of an attracted flirting kinda thing (flirtationship). When we had talked about dating the first time she was very "never going to happen". We recently came full circle and hit the topic again after going through a lot this last year. She's now at the I don't see it ever happening and she said she gets frustrated with herself as everything and everyone (even tarot card readings, that are consistent) say we should be together and she admits we'd be perfect together. We do cute things for each other and are very open and honest, we both agree there is attraction there but not that full on "spark" that tends to kick things off. We make the best of friends and I tend to be her safety blanket, and her drunken phone call. She wants to go on vacations with me and makes plans with us doing fun things together all the time even for things down the road. When people see us out together they tend to think we'er already dating. So if anyone could shed some light on what is/probably will happen and share some of their experiences that would be awesome as I'm not sure how to go about things or what I could do to make things easier for us, as I don't want for either of us to feel like we are settling but I also don't want to miss out on something that could be wonderful.

What Guys Said 1

• Well I don't want to be the one to tell you this, but I don't think it will happen. It certainly won't if she doesn't want it to... I was in a situation where I was best friends with a girl and she said I was perfect on paper and basically everything you said, but she was missing that initial romantic spark. So I'm sorry but I don't think it will happen. You could try doing something about it to change it, whether that means kissing her, or distancing yourself to make her realise how much you mean to her, but in the end if she doesn't want it, it won't happen. Good luck to you!

What Girls Said 0