First date, group or one on one?

Im trying to figure out if our first date should be with a group of mutual friends or just the 2 of us.

• Group of friends
  • Just the 2 of us

Most Helpful Guy

• How far under 18 are you? If you're really young, then a group date is fine. If you're approaching 18, then a one on one date might be better suited for your maturity level.

What Guys Said 6

• My very first date ever was in a group with my friend dating my dates younger sister and both their parents were with us it was awkward to say the least. But it can still help break the ice and make things easier.

• If you ever take a group of friends on a first date it is an insult to the guy. Don't ever do that.

• If you've known him for a while like as a friend or something else, you can go on a ONE on ONE. But if you've met him, let's say, in the street and he approached you...

I think you should meet him in group with friends!

• group is a red light for most guys.

• group sends so many red signals. is this actually a date? doesn't she want people to see us both together? those two questions are already enough to answer your question and friends may also make your date fail

• Group could come off insecure on the first date (it could even make him feel like more of a friend to you), even maybe the second. Try to become familiar with each other before doubling up with others.

What Girls Said 2

• You can get to know each other better one on one, which is pretty much the whole point of a date.

• Group is like cock blocking. Think of it that way