Dating your coworkers?

Two of my coworkers pulled one on me (not at the same time). They're nice, attractive (to me) and funny. But both too immature.

The problem lies with 'what is we break up?' It'd be strange to see them at work. And I don't really 'know' them.

There is a saying. It does something like 'no office romance' or whatever...

Question is: dating coworkers good or bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends a lot on the workplace.

When I worked in retail, there was tons of dating going on. but then, turnover was high, so evs... hell, I even dated one of the managers (not my manager tho)

Where I work now, you have to be more careful. I have dated one of the Techs. it was weird for a long time after we broke up.. and he told a lot of people things about me.

I also dated one of the Sales guys.. he got arrested right after we broke up, so while there was workplace awkwardness, it was more about him, not from him.

Also, a couple of dates and then stopping, not so weird unless the guy is the clinger/stalker type. its more longer relationships that can go weird.

Does your workplace have a policy?

What Guys Said 9

• Eh it can cause a lot of problems.. I usually shut it down when a coworker comes onto me but one time I didn't which ended up causing her heartache later on.. She lied to me and said she was 18 (I was 21 at the time) and she was really 16 so I put a stop to that because she lied to me and she was too young. Luckily all we did was talk.

• but yeah it can bring drama to the workplace which isn't worth it IMO.

• Dating co workers is pretty common among when you are new to the office surrounding. Call it the excitement, pressure or euphoria of not being left behind most would consider dating co workers. AND more than 50% of the co workers i have known have dated someone or the other. unfortunately very few stay together or marry which kind of creates bad vibes all around with the ladies quitting the job immediately or moving to different department !!!

• Maturity is important in a relationship, and MOSTLY at work.

If you break up and they're immature, it can go a long way...

But if they're mature, I totally advise you to take a chance! ;)

• I wish they were more mature her like I said they are attractive. But very childish. (They are both 20-23 and act like they're 16).

• There's an expression. "Never shit where you eat"

There's a reason for it

• Don't EVER date or fuck your coworkers! It NEVER ends well!

• well it could end in 2 ways you hit it off, or you end up hating each other.

• It can be hard and makes for lots of drama if things don't work out. That's doesn't mean if you think you really like them it's not the risk.

• As long as it doesn't get in the way of work I see no problem.

• If I were your coworker, we wouldn't be dating. We'd be coworkers with benefits. You're sexy, girl.

• Thank you Mr. anonymous. I appreciate that.

• Not a problem. Now... where do you work? I will apply for a position at your job and then we can begin the coworkers with benefits relationship :p.

• A movie theater in a shitty state called Missouri.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm marrying my former coworker. As long as you're both mature then even if you break up it wouldn't be a big deal.

• i would find it not a good idea.
    like what u mentioned- the possibility of a break up and the awkwardness to see htem everyday at work. it can be very heartbreaking to see the person at work, u may even want to resign from the job if u can't take it well. to me it is a career suicide, i would pass on that

• Don't do it.. I dated my Co worker and we broke up and now it's so hard to go to work as of nothing bothers me... I see him at work and he seems like all is well and I wld spend everytime I wld see him crying of course not in front of him but it was very stressful. we also had the same friends so even they felt stressed and stuck in the middle. IF YOU CAN AVOID IT DO IT