Can a guy still really like you if he hardly ever texts you?

I have been dating this guy for a few months and at first he was always the one texting me first almost every day. we went on a lot of super cute dates and we had our first kiss after 3 dates and slept together after 6 weeks. but then he started to slowly show less interest in keeping in contact with me during the week, like now I pretty much don't hear from him at all during the week and then we will see each other on the weekend. sometimes I will try and text him first but he takes so long to reply and sometimes doesn't respond so I don't really do that anymore. when I do see
Him he is very sweet and affectionate and seems like he likes me. he came to a party I invited him to at my house on the weekend and met all of my friends, they all liked him and said he was really nice and my best friend said he told her he likes me. he was even went and put on one of my shirts to wear all night as it went with the theme of the night. but with him not talking to me during the week I just don't know how he feels and if he is worth pursuing (I do really like him , I just don't want to get hurt). also I feel like we don't really know much about each other, like we can talk really easily but the conversations are always lightnever go into a deeper level. i don't know if he wants a relationship or not and whether his ex of 6 years has anything to do with the way he is ( he said they broke up because she had a lot of emotional issues.)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he's not that interested if he doesn't keep in touch

What Guys Said 2

• no. when i stop liking a girl i stop txtn n will only reply after sometime and when she calls i won't answer then text her late at night. Girls do this too when they lose interest

• Yes, he can. Many guys just don't like texting, and won't do it.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like a guy i dated a while ago. He wouldn't hold my hand while we walked down the street, which freaked me out. I had hysteria attack after a while, because he made me feel insecure and was sure he did not like me. he broke up with me after that day. Afterwards, he told a friend of mine he was really digging me, but got really upset when I spazed.
    We dont really know what's going inside people's heads. Sometimes what we believe is not really real. Give it some time.

• lol sounds like my situation almost exactly.

if he's nice in person, like you said, then maybe texting is just not that necessary. guys aren't half as addicted to texting as girls are, and to them they don't see texting as necessary as long as you do see each other.