Why do some girls care about looks but not person?

I know i dont look good but why should anyone care about that what about my other qualities why dosebt one one care about those

Most Helpful Girl

• Some girls are superficial and are only interested in guys they are attracted to buy they make the mistake of not getting to know guys with nice personalities. You may have to step out of your comfort zone if ur shy and convey your interest in a girl nd focus on your personality. A great attitude nd personality go a long way nd also the manner in which you treat others is an attractive trait.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm told that the guys I go for aren't very attractive. I was told this by somebody I dated. He said he was ugly and every other guy I liked was ugly. None of them were supermodels, but I can name quite a few things I found attractive on them. The ex that said that to begin with had amazingly brown eyes and a crooked smile that I loved. And then some. But when I first met him, I thought he was butt ugly. I was like this guy right here looks like the Indian version of John Lennon with THE longest hair, like where was the rest of his face anyways? But you know what, the day I met him I was instantly into him, he was so charming and adorable and he was the greatest person to come into my life and though we had some pretty intense issues the duration of our relationship, I wouldn't have traded him in for the world.

• I think people should judge not only by looks but personality too. But reality is most people have to. At least attracted to consider personality if that makes sense. Doesn't mean everyone is shallow but I just think looking at the bigger picture.

• When I was younger I cared more about looks than personality and had met my first bf in middle school. But looking back at it now that we aren't together anymore I think personality is what catches the heart is what I learned and I think that looks are just a bonus. They might have a pretty face on the outside but they're heart or personality might not be so bright on the inside. *Chose wisely*

• Thank you for the advice

• @johnnyboy9509 Your welcome just a little bit of advice I wish I had waited till high school to start dating and listened to my dad. I don't know how to really explain it but my ex made me feel special but he did it a different way without ever you know sweet talking. I've learned my lesson that just because they have a pretty face doesn't mean there heart so bright looks can be deceiving. I care more about personality, and humor, etc looks to me don't really matter honestly. I learned that the hard way but i know what I want now and who I want. Just make sure you "get to know someone" before you decide that you like them, because then you might realize they weren't the one for you after all. Don't waste your time being stuck in a place where you don't belong.

• 'cause bishes are shallow. i won't lie, i know girls like that and obviously looks are part of the package for me.

but let's be real, guys are more picky about looks than girls. they care more about looks than personality whereas girls tend to factor in both.

• why do some guys care about looks and nothing else? this question can go both ways and the answer? i honestly do not know

• Some people are shallow, and couldn't care less about the inside. Some people have an agenda or just want to impress their friends. I promise not all girls are like that. Some girls want something real. Some girls want a deep connection

• honestly i usually go for just looks, but surprisingly the guy that i have a crush on now isn't that much of a looker yet there's something that pulls me to him. and i'm guessing it's his personality, but also is probably just the attention he's giving me.

but regardless of that in the past i usually wouldn't look twice at someone i found unattractive even if they were giving me attention, so i think for some people it just depends on where they are in their life. don't get me wrong, physical attraction matters in a successful relationship no matter how much you don't want it to, but everybody reaches a point in their life where they realize that it's not just the outward appearance that matters most.

some of us just take a little longer to get to that point than others. so you could be going for girls who aren't mentally mature enough to handle getting to know a guy and not "judging a book by its cover" or you're just trying to pick up girls out of your league and snuffing the girls that would have no issue dating you, but YOU don't find them attractive so they get ignored or "friend-zoned".

It's a double-edged sword, my friend.

• Personalty lol that's a good one. Personality means nothing to girls.

• You're right I'm not a girl I'm a robot drats u found me out

• Wow this again.

People want to date someone they are attracted to physically AND mentally. Do you want an ugly girl? No. Why are you a hypocrite?

• I have alwas wondered why people say theyare sorry when they really are not but you know some people are raised with there families old religion while others dont i was raised with the old you know thor loki oden i was raised in that religion so you dont need to tell me not to feel sorry for myself cause i dont i go on my way doing things the way i was raised and asking a simple question like that is normal for me while people like you think it is the stupidest think ever

• You were the one who started ranting about how awful your life is... I thought the question was stupid because its perfectly okay for a girl to care about looks too

What Guys Said 6

• Because some people are shallow.

• Date somebody 300 pounds then

• human nature..

i don't get why this is so controversial... it's basic psychology and how our brain works.

• No? According to this site you're a shallow asshole if you care about looks.

• and? the views of some people online don't matter.

• Girls like looks, women like $$$$$$$$ lol

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ + big 8================D = ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

That's the only math equation you have to memorize in dating, so the shit is real easy lololol

• Because their shallow. Most girls on here will call US liars but we both know we're not.

• Some are shallow and that's not exactly their fault. It all depends. It can do with just the DNA they were born with and the exact way they grew up. If you don't judge on looks that's good, you'll be able to find someone great in life. Looks will fade the personality doesn't. I suggest you look up demisexual and demiromantic