Is it weird I've never been on a date or had an actual gf?

I'm just waiting for that special someone, but I'd prefer to not be 87 by the time it happens. I'm 19 now and starting college so I'm not getting younger. I work and keep myself in shape. I try to better myself whenever I can, yet I still struggle horrifically with girls haha. I just don't wanna end up like really shooting myself in the foot at this age thinking that love is like that fairy tale stuff so I should just keep trying to wait. I don't wanna rush anything, but after awhile, people start to wonder why you've never been on a date or like why you've never had a gf lol I see a lot of articles saying waiting for someone can actually cause like damage to the way you think and make you nuts

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all, if anything I think it's cute.
    Not succumbing to the pressure to date, having standards, or just waiting for the right girl are things to be proud of. And it's nobody business but your own.

What Girls Said 4

• Hey! Guess what? I'm 19 too and never had real kiss or boyfriend before either. I've had pleanty of crushes but I'm kinda just waiting for the right guy too... so I don't think it's weird or stupid at all. Plus... maybe this is just my romanticist side.. but I've always loved the idea of being someone's first... First gf, first kiss... I don't know it just feels so much more valuable and special knowing everything he says and does to me isn't what he's done with a million other girls too... Maybe it's just me, but I honestly think it worth it to wait :)

• NONOONONONONO as NerdIn Denial said, focus on your career! its not weird. my friend is 19 and she hasn't had her first kiss yet!

• No. It's not weird at all :) I'm the same way but I'm 18. Right now I'm just trying to start and complete senior year and maybe worry about getting a bf next summer :)

• I'm the same. It's a difficult situation but I'm sure she'll come into your life when you least expect it :)

What Guys Said 1

• Focus on your career, earn good money, and find a hot young girl in a few years.