What's your age limit?

When looking for your partner what is your minimum and maximum age limits?
Ever since I was 16 my age limit had always been 2 years older (never younger) until I found my current boyfriend who happens to look very young he gets mistaken for 21 all of the time (he's actually 26, I found this out after our 3rd date, (we work together incase you're wondering) I'm 19 (so I've obviously broken my own rule) before I was with him though, I wouldn't date a man over the age of 22/23. I just feel like maturity, aspirations, etc tend to be different if you're say 18 dating a 32 year old.
Although I'll be honest my relationship has been really good, not perfect but still it's been a strong 6 months and I meet his family later this month! (We are flying out to see them on a vacation!)

Most Helpful Guy

• None. How terrible to limit meeting so many interesting people just because they were born in a certain year. Biggest spread up so far has been about 16 years I think, biggest spread down has been 11 or 12. I have a strong preference for people with a different age than me in general, as I find them much more interesting. I know what music was out when I was a teen, and what I liked. I don't need to find someone else similar in age to tell me that. But someone who grew up with different music, but who still has similar tastes to me, and all of a sudden we both have a wealth of things to share with each other. I learn about all of these things that I end up liking that were big when I was 6 or something, or that were big for teens when I was already out of post-secondary. Opens up so much more of the world.

Add to that the fact that chronological age has pretty much zero bearing on emotional maturity, and there are literally zero reasons for me to stick to people my own age. I have met 20 year olds that have more emotional maturity that 35 year olds. I have met 45 year olds that are more adventurous and free-spirited than 25 year olds.

I am glad you have found a range that you are most comfortable with, but my experiences are almost the exact opposite. I tend to have long term relationships though, with most around 4 or 5 years (with my current one just passing 10 years), so maybe I'm looking at things a little more long term, I don't know.

What Guys Said 16

• There's 7 years between you two. So let's say he was 19 and you were 12. We'll obviously that's a problem. As you get older though, the age differences don't factor as much. Another example would be a 32 year old dating a 25 year old. Now that sounds even closer in age, but it's still 7 years. You're sort of right on the beginning of those years. If you two are comfortable and things are going well, I say go for it for now.

• minimum...
    22 specifically because I've met a lot of women between 18 and 22 that just weren't mature and didn't know how to take care of themselves. i mean i will make exceptions but generally when looking i try to keep the search above 22.

maximum...
    eh, generally I won't go above 40. mostly because I'd like to be in a relationship where me and my significant other can experience a life journey together... not just have my hand held by someone who's already been there and done that for everything.

• i don't really have age limits, as long as we have 'compatible appearances'.

but, as an aside, I'm sure to be fast friends with anyone who types a lot in parenthesis :-D

• I'm 21, and I can say it definitely has varied for me. The youngest I've dated is 18, and the oldest was 23. I can definitely say never again to 18 year olds as the maturity is not there., same probably goes for 19. As of right now in my life, I would say my rule of thumb is down 2 up 3 or 4. Every situation is different though, you just have to figure out what works for you.

• After you get out of school age difference isn't such a big deal anymore.

I'd date 18 to 43 just as long as she is younger then me, but To me it seems she needs to be over about 22-23 to be mature enough for anything lasting to be possible, and the older woman around 43 need to look younger or its simply a turn off for me (some of them appear as if they could be my grandmother)

• I'm 44. I'd date a 26 year old on the low end. But would have sex with an 18 year old if the opportunity presented itself.

Older, probably no older than 50.

• I'm 19.
    I'd date no younger than 17.
    I'd date no higher than 25.
    I'd have casual sex with 18-55.

• as long as they're over 18 but really i find mid 20s to as old as 45 but I guess there aren't a lot of women with cougar instincts near where i live.

• I'm 21
    No younger than 18
    No older than 24

I just go by the 3 year rule, but I don't want to date a girl that's too mature I want a girl that can be goofy and have fun.

• (1/2 your age) + 7 is a rule a bunch of people, including me, use.

• Minimum 16, oldest 21 if she's down

• I always like women older than me, young women are so immature, on the other hand a mature woman knows what she wants in life.

• If she 17 im 17 no questions asked.

• I used to be in a relationship with a girl 5 years older than me.
    I think 5 years is my limit.

• 3 years in either direction

• 6 years difference either way, I am 28

What Girls Said 14

• My age bracket keeps getting larger it seems. I'd be open to dating a guy maybe 2 years younger (if he was out of college and very mature). I'm 24. The oldest I've dated was 38, but I didn't feel we had much of a real future. Our lives were incredibly different. I'd say the oldest now would be 32 for something serious, but I'd prefer someone still in their 20's.

• I used to have a 15 years older limit. Now I could date someone up to 20 years older than me.
    I'm 22

• Wow! I'm right near your upper limit and I am very interested in younger women who have a mature intellect.
      Just sayin' lol

• I always said 2 years older but now I met someone and we both like each other, I'm 16 and he's 22.. But it feels so good together, it doesn't feel like 6 years age difference

• no age limit but i tend to attract younger boys

• mine is 3 years older than me! not more or less lol! Yet to find one but i never want to date a younger guy! and the most I would be okay is 5 years older thats it! I don't want someone who is too serious in life!

• I draw the line at any guy at 35.. 36 if his lucky but thats it

• I'm 42. I'd date anyone between about 30 and 55

• 60 is my limit.

• i always thought older... even if it's by a couple of months...
    i honestly need a more mature guy to keep me reined.. or else i might do things even i regret...
    my boyfriend is 100 days older than me, and i'm happy. :)

• I am 17, close to 18
    youngest I'd date:17
    oldest I'd date-21-22

• I'm 17.
    Youngest I'll date will be 16
    Oldest I'll date will be 18.

• My limit is 40. I'm currently dating a 30 y/o (I'm 19)

• I'm 28.
    I'd probably date men anywhere between 18 and 50.

• 5 years older and 2 years younger. i attract younger boys too