My guy never calls or text me first. Is this just a guy thing or should I worry?

Why does he never text me first unless I ignore him for like a week? It makes me feel horrible sometimes but he does respond so that is a good thing I guess? It's not like I overly bug him. I text once and wait until he responds. I don't text him every day. Are guys just like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I hate the whole texting thing. Does he ever call you to check in or anything? Do you ever call him or just text? How long have you two been seeing each other? He may be doing something on the side when you're not around. I would suggest letting him know you'd like him to call once in a while, and see how he handles it.

What Guys Said 1

• sounds like me. I never text first but can talk for hours if you start a conversation. yeah, I'll text if you ignore me for like 15 days.
    so yeah, few guys are like that.

What Girls Said 1

• My guy does kind of the same, when I text him we have amazing romantic texts but I have to text first.. He told me that guys don't really like texting. So your guy is probably a typical guy