I'm 21 dating a 30 year old. Everything is perfect so far. Is there any future altercations or tensions I should expect because of the age gap?

He's established and in his career. I'm still in school.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with that age gap. It's less than the gap between my wife and I, and our life is awesome. You are just going to have to really work on communication, because you will come at a lot of things from very different perspectives. But communication is the key for any relationship, so the fact that you two are going to have to be careful with it can mean that you end up having a more solid relationship in the long run, as you will never have been able to simply take things for granted in that department.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't see that as too big of an age gap. Especially as you get older as well. He'll be 35 and you'll be 26. That doesn't sound quite as big of a gap does it? As long as he stays active and such, I don't see a problem at all.

What Girls Said 2

• 9 years is not that much in my opinion because they difference will be less noticeable as you age. Like you may be able to tell now. But when ur 41 and he's 50 people will hardly notice.

• You're going to have altercations in the future regardless of an age gap if you two are serious about the relationship.