Feelings for best guy friend, don't want to ruin friendship?

I have been in love with my best friend from the start. In college I didn't want to do anything about it because I didn't want to find myself making life decisions post college over a man. Since then I've moved half way across the country but he visits frequently for work and I travel his way in between to see friends and family. We've both had long term relationships, his most recently ended about 8 months ago. I still maintain it's not the right time and we both have a few years of making mistakes and learning from other relationships before it would be worth the conversation. I want to put my best foot forward and not waste a friendship over dating. Thoughts?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• If you tell him your feelings you need to be prepared that he doesn't feel the same and your friendship will never be the same. But it could also mean he might feel the same way. Either way, there's no reward without risks