Is it weird that I call my girlfriend princess?

My girlfriend and I have been together for a bit over 2 years now and we love each other a lot. I started calling her princess because, well, she is my happy ending and she's the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with. She hasn't said anything about it specifically but she seems to like it :).
I go to university interstate and I brought her to meet my family and my older brother gave me a hard time about it, I just brushed it off because that's what brothers do, but do you think this is weird?

• Yeah, it's normal
  • Not normal, but no problem
  • It's weird, stop now

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing wrong with it at all. Almost every couple have pet names for each other.

What Girls Said 3

• Personally I think its normal to call her princess. But I hate when they call me that for some weird reason it really annoys me. And if she hasn't said anything about it I'm sure she loves hearing it from you. So don't worry about it. And yes siblings tend to take the smallest thing to try and annoy you lol. Good thing you brushed it off lol

• Honestly as a girl i dont really like it.. but if she does its fine

• I think it's cute, a guy once called me that and it felt weird at first since it's more common for a father to say that to his daughter but I accepted it later on. As long as she is happy with it that's all that matters but siblings can be annoying so don't worry about your brother. Just don't tell your bro or friends about pet names in general since it's only natural they will tease, because that's what friends and siblings will naturally do in that situation.

What Guys Said 3

• I call my ex princess in a negative connotation because she expects everything to be done her way.

• Too possessive... she's probably feeling smothered.

• It's perfectly normal. I call my girlfriend that.