If there were no age restriction laws?

Would you be willing to go after younger people like 16 or 17?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 30 and wouldn't really want to go out with anyone more than 5 years younger let alone a teenager. I'd rather be with someone around my age because she'll tend to be more like minded and have more in common.

What Guys Said 9

• I have a few lifelong marriages in my family tree between an adult and a minor around 13 or 14, but they all happened during the great depression or earlier. If you were a bachelorette older than 16, there was something wrong with you. If you were a bachelor older than 16, you might be suspected of being a 'confirmed bachelor,' aka homosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I also have a large number of abusive adult marriages in my family tree across all traceable history. A greater percentage of adult than child marriages were abusive or failed, so it's not really a black-and-white issue.

To prevent the issue of child abuse, I do think it's best for there to be an age law, like that whole 'half your age plus 7' thing that some people use as a guideline. It works for most ages, until one of you starts moving past 40 or so.

As far as mental maturity, keep in mind that there are many 30 year olds who shouldn't be allowed outside of their parents' supervision.

For people who claim that this is something best left to the Muslims, keep in mind that Christianity is also a middle eastern religion. Though Aisha was around 11-13 when she was wed, so was Mary. It's how people did things back then. Some of us have moved past our ancestors, but have needed to lie about our ancestors to do so. Others refuse to submit to progress, or seek a forceful return to the old ways, and this is true of all beliefs that I can think of.

We know better today. We may see things differently in 1000-2000 years, but we'll know better than we do today.

I'm 34. Personally, I get creeped out at the idea of dating someone around 25 or younger but there are plenty of 16 and 17 year olds whom I feel an attraction to, physically and/or mentally. But it's just not a good idea. With how much the generations vary, we would be living in two different worlds.

I think people should stay within their comfort zone, and for the most part, within their cultural norms.

• Even at 60, the 1/2 + 7 works OK.
      I still wouldn't give you 2 cents for a woman less than 25, and I would have said that 30 years ago. They haven't got a brain between their ears.

• 16 is legal in most countries other than the US actually. Even in some states in the US 16-17 is legal.

Some countries have it as low as 13, but I don't agree with that. I remember when I was 16, and I definitely had the presence of mind to understand what I was agreeing to.

I think 16 is fine, 15 is pushing it, 14 or under, no.

• No. I have a 5 year rule anyway but even if there wasn't any rules damn why would a 22 year old or 25 year old want with a 13 or 15 year old yuck!!

• Hell no they don't have the life experience I have as a 26 year old. We would be at different stages in life and it wouldn't work out.. The most important thing is if I had a daughter I wouldn't want her to be taken advantage of by some way older guy.. It's fucked up.

• There are places like that. In parts of the middle east they still marry 11 year old girls.

Sick, but true. So yeah. There are probably plenty of guys that would go for older teenage girls if the law let them. Hell Jerry Lee Lewis married his cousin when she was 13. How creepy is that?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8yRdDnrB5kM

• gift is gift I'm a 57 yo man and even i'd pull my pants down for him.

• No no no oh hell no those are children they are not mature enough to give consent to sex no no no

• No offense but nope. Closer to my own age but not that young.

• Nope I wouldn't

• 16 is the legal age in my country anyway. Sure I'd go for them. I wouldn't go for an immature 16 year old. But I wouldn't go for an immature 20 year old either

What Girls Said 7

• I'm no because thats disguising. That's a child I'm a grown ass person. I should be attracted to grown people. And if your an adult attracted to children, then something's wrong with you

• No. I wouldn't date a guy younger than 20 as it is.

• Nope, I see them as babies. I like my guys older.

• I'd fuck Hugh Hefner

• I don't think it'd be right for someone over 22 to date a 16 or 17 year old. It's even worse if you go younger in age. However, there are some people who don't care, & think they are entitled to really young pretty girls, & will destroy some poor adolescent. If a 25 or older year old guy hit on my 16 year old niece, I'd be getting in his face, let kids be kids for as long as they can.

• No thanks.. never

• Pedo Trap!