She denied my kiss, but gave me a long hug and a big kiss on the cheek?

Okay, so I've known this girl for about 2 months. We hang out when we can. According to her body language (playing with hair, eye contact, smiles... etc) it seems she's into me. We flirt, but it's not blatant. Me and her snapchat almost everyday. I've asked her on dates a couple times. It didn't work out because she either was busy (she's legitimately busy) or she had prior engagements. But whenever we hang out, it's always just us two alone. I've been in her room plenty of times with just the two of us. I've contemplated kissing but was always unsure. I know she's comfortable around me. Last night I tried to go in for the kiss (in hindsight, I could've done it way smoother) and she denies me. She says "it's not you, it's everyone." I tell her it's cool". I'm not afraid of rejection. When I asked why, she said she didn't want any distractions (She's goal oriented and is a hard worker). I'm the same way. I was a little bummed, but I was ok with it. I hung around for another half an hour or so. It was the two of us on her bed watching tv. It didn't feel awkward. Before I left, I stood up and told her to come here. I said, "I can't kiss you but I can do this", and I gave her a big kiss on the cheek proceeded by a big hug. She welcomed it and we hugged pretty tight. It was tighter and longer than how we normally hug. I noticed she wasn't letting go, and she reciprocated by kissing me on the cheek. I wasn't expecting her to kiss me back. It was just as juicy as the one I gave her. After she does that, she continues to hug me tight. I initiated letting go. I could've held this embrace for much longer and might of actually got a kiss out of it. She confuses me. After I left a sent her a text saying, "U gotta try harder to kill my ego" jokingly, and she responded pretty warm. I get a snap from her the next morning without initiating a conversation. Do I just be casually persistent or forget it? I think she likes me back, but I don't know how to go about this situation.

we're both pretty lowkey, artsy people. No blatant signs of interest have been shown. We aren't very affectionate type of people. When I say we flirt, it's a subconscious playful type.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she just wasn't ready to actually kiss you. Maybe she likes you a lot, but like you said she is a hard worker and she doesn't want distractions, and she just thinks that really kissing you will lead to a relationship that she just doesn't need at the moment.

What Girls Said 3

• obviously she likes you! She just wasn't ready to kiss on the lips yet, and by the long hug AND a kiss on the cheek means she's very interested in you and doesn't want you to feel like she doesn't like you back!

• It sounds like she really likes you but, may be giving you the reinforcement of not wanting distractions. I agree that girls don't kiss guys at all unless they like them. And as for the extended hug, yeah, that is definitely a sign of liking you as well. It also means that she feels comfortable with you so, I would suggest just keep things going at this type of pace. if you don't try forcing anything than it will make things easier on both of you.

• the same thing happend to me... and he left me coz i wasn't ready for kiss on lips from nowhere... and he left me... i could give my life for him if he had just waited for me...
    so if you are interested in her (not in sex)... stay...

What Guys Said 1

• She likes you a girl wouldn't kiss a guy they didn't like it was to let you know that your advance was welcomed and so that you didn't feel like she rejected you.. it was her way of telling you I like where you're going and the snap the next morning was her way of telling you she thought about you probably for the rest of that night and when she woke up. You're in a good spot right now bro just keep doing what your doing