So if I was to have a child one day?

I'm biracial half black half white and let's say the girl is white that I wanted to have the baby with what would be the percentages in the child

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• it depends it will be based on genetics. there are ways to compute the traits though. there are terms like Dominant and Recessive traits for you to compute. for Dominant trait will be put capital letter and recessive small letter. there are also Heterogeneous and Homogeneous, you will put Bb for heterogeneous and bb for homogeneous. for example let's say you're dominant for brown eyes lets put BB for that and your wife is heterogeneous for brown eyes that would be Bb. you have to multiply that ( BB x Bb ) first baby will be dominant BB, second child will be heterogeneous Bb, third child will have dominant trait like the first one BB, as for the fourth child will be heterogeneous Bb. meaning the chance of first born child for brown eyes are high. second child can have other eye color or it can be brown but when she gets a child she will have heterogeneous trait for brown eyes. but mothers will pass MtDNA (mitochondiran DNA) this is different than normal DNA. MtDNA is mostly responsible for hair and eye color and skin types. hope I helped you this is how I remember my biology when I was in HS.

• Well from what I remember it depends on the dominant genes... for example, dark eyes are dominant over lighter eyes. Curly hair is dominant over straight. And so on. But it depends on how strong the genes are in each person and how the baby is made.

Me for example both my parents have curlly ringlet hair, and I have only a very slight wave to my hair. So the possibilties are endless.

Genes can do magical things!

• You could always bleach the child's skin to make it appear lighter.

• 75% white
    25% black

• add some cream to coffee and tell me the percentages :P there is not just black and white.

What Guys Said 2

• 1/2 X 0% + 1/2 X 50% = 25% black.

As for what they look like, you'd potentially find it varies child to child. I had friends growing up who were mixed and sometimes the siblings one would look almost entirely one ethnicity and their brother or sister the other.

• "So with dark being more dominant but the percentages not being in its favor what complexion would the child be"

That depends on its DNA. It could be anything.