Why is it a bad idea to date someone in your college class?

I really like this guy in my college class and I want to date him. I heard it's a bad idea to date someone in the same college class as you. Why would it be a bad idea to date him if he's in the same class as me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I dated someone in my college class and it was a big mistake! When dating him it was fine a bit awkward at the start because no one knew and we were both a bit shy but when we broke up it was just awkward having to see them most days and things

Don't do it!

What Guys Said 4

• I've never heard anyone claim that before. On the contrary, there's no better hunting grounds when your in college. Go for it.

• I've never heard that. I've done it before. Unlike the workplace, where things are a little more dicey, there's no professional conflict of interest when dating someone in the same college class. Plus, if you start dating someone who's not in your college class in one semester, but is the next, would you break up with him or her for that sole reason?

• yeah what @Alessus said. don't you remember The Platinum Rule from How I Met Your Mother?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYLg92o_Gj0

• I'd say the biggest reason is because if you break up, it might be awkward, or worse, to go that class anymore since you'll know the other person is in there. This also applies to romance at work.

What Girls Said 0