Is the main reason why I don't have a boyfriend because I'm slightly chubby?

Emphasis on "slightly chubby" because I'm not fat it's just that im short with it so I pretty much dont have a womanly body. I know I keep asking these petty questions but I've had this hang up for years about my weight. I've become more accepting of how I look and I still do get attention and compliments but it's just I've never had that experience where a guy I like, likes me back. So I was wondering, is it that guys won't look at me in that way, especially guys my age range (18-early 20s) because I don't necessarily have an attractive body?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Whatever you do or have in life evenue including appearance... you will be judged anyway. I personally prefer chubby over skinny, where as the next guy is vice versa. It wouldn't base it on appearence solely, I like a lot of. people but chances are they won't like me back maybe you just haven't met that certain Someone yet I'm not saying that someone is the "one". But you get the general jist?

What Guys Said 15

• You're so pretty I honestly have to believe lots of guys would be interested in you. Maybe you just haven't met the right guy, but you're certainly very attractive. A few extra pounds doesn't scare most guys off.

• Aw thanks haha!! I must say I have been getting more attention recently and people saying it more often, maybe I just need to feel it myself. I think I just have a stereotype of guys just liking slim girls or at least curvy girls and I'm neither! Lol maybe I haven't met the right guy yet, I guess I am only 18 :P

• What? You're cute lol. Then again I have a weakness for the slightly chubby ones lol.
    What kind of men are you going after? There's a possibility that if your type is white men, many (not all) prefer leaner girls. So it might be hard to get a bf if they're your main interest. I don't why those other guys are not giving you a chance, I'd totally chat you up if I ever I met you in real life. I hope your bf comes soon, we can't let that nice personality go to waste :)

• What men then are you referring to who would find me attractive? And thanks haha

• I know many black and latino men would give you a chance! I haven't seen many Asians with slightly chubby girls, so I can't speak for them. And from what I've seen in my campus, typically the type of white men who would go after you would be tall and built, tall and chubby, or just chubby in general.

So I guess it really matters if you're willing to try something different or not to find love lol. If you don't want to try something new, then I wish you luck with your vanilla hunt :)

• I would have to say yes, but it is hard to tell because I can't see how chubby you are. You're very pretty in the face, and unless you have a horrible personality, that's probably the reason. Don't worry, I have the same problem D:

• Haha thanks, I'm going to try and lose it I reckon. Im literally only a few pounds overweight but because I'm so short it shows up more

• I don't think it's your body at all... guys are prolly too scared to ask you out! :-D

• Haha wishful thinking :P but thanks!!

• No I'm being serious... you're really cute!

by the way not all guys want a slender female, u know. :)

• No, I'm pretty sure that that is not the issue.
    Not to mention, "attractive body" is subjective.

• Let's see what your body looks like

• That's heavier than I would be into. That's not to say no guys would be into it. Obviously you have a pretty face, so you are ahead of the game. It may be more that you are insecure because of your weight

• Thanks I can appreciate that :) whether its because my weight is distracting sometimes or its just my perception of it I need to get over it, It's just hard cos most of the girls my age who I would consider pretty are a lot slimmer. Ugh haha I seriously need to get a higher self esteem :P

• I really doubt it...

• that most likely isn't the issue

• If its you in the profile pick your very attractive. Slightly Chubby as you call it isn't an issue

• Aw thanks haha yeah that is me which is apparently an accurate representation of how I look in real life except I do wear glasses.

• Well if I saw that face in a bar I'd ask for your number. No need to feel self conscious

• Haha I actually work behind a bar :P

• You're plenty attractive. You are definitely a headturner in my opinion. Being chubby won't make that go away. It's not like you're fat. If you're still conscious about it, then you could always try losing it.

• Thank you :) I've been trying to bring my self to lose weight for years; I just need to do it this time

• If I know you offline, then I won't even care :) Besides, if I want you to lose weight, then I'll help you do it instead. Spending time and losing weight at the same time would be a nice deal.

• Nope, you're really cute, just wait for a nice guy, short answer but I really mean it! :)

• Thanks haha :) I just feel like maybe most guys cos I'm so short (5ft) and my chubbiness I probably look too young for them to fancy I don't know haha sorry for being a beg, it's one of those days :P

• I don't know where you're from, but here in Portugal, we LOVE short girls. xd

• You don't have to apologize for nothing, and I totally understand :)

• Your size has nothing to do with it - it's what's inside that counts IMO.

• Chubby IS attractive to me. Thats cute and sexy as hell.

• from the pic u posted to that guy. where i live we would class that as fat not slightly chubby. most girls here are slim and toned girls that aren't are chubby , then fat followed by fat as.

• Well that pic wasn't of me lul, it was Hilary duff who's my height and in that pic a similar shape. I would not call her fat at all; I know I'm not fat and I'm just not slim.

• It's just I'm not slim*

• didn't say it was you. I can read lol your comment stated it wasn't you smh. I'm saying that. the body type in that pic is FAT. leave America and you will open your eyes. USA is obesity capital lol hahah in your country you're not fat. Rest of the world girl you FAT rofl. Keep telling yourself that you're not haha might make you feel better. How's your boy friend oh that's right you can't get one LMAO

What Girls Said 6

• I wouldn't say that you are fat. You certainly have a cute and pretty face, as far as I can tell. I saw your pic of Hilary Duff... personally, I never found her body type very attractive..."Hilary Puff", as the media call her. Her body type isn't that bad, it's just her fat arms ruin it. She is pretty and well she did score a bf and husband.

Since you are well within the recommended weight for your height, I think it's a matter of toning and losing body fat. If you did that you would have more (womanly) shape. If you built a little muscle with a strength-training program 3x/wk 45min, I think you would really like the results (and no, you will not look like the Hulk... women don't have enough testosterone for that). I expect it would make you feel more empowered as well and boost your body confidence.

• I've been chubbier than I am now, I'm still not skinny... and I had no problem getting attention from guys. I think you need to work on your self esteem for you and not for some dudes. That being said... confidence is sexy.

• Thanks for answering, I 100% agree with you, I need to do it for myself not anyone else :)

• if all the chubby girls were like you then all slim girls would remain single. and I don't think you are as chubby as you think you are.

• How much do you weigh?
    But honestly I see chubby girls with boyfriends all the time. A lot of guys like it. But it also depends on where you carry your weight

• Thighs, butt and hips mainly :P

• Sounds fine. It could be a small factor but definitely not the reason. I'm 18 and never had a boyfriend either. Are you shy?

• Very shy haha

• Most guys want what they are not
    I'm chubby
    And I can guarantee you a 100% that a guy won't be looking for a chubby girl

• Depends. Height and weight?

• Im 5ft and apparently 3 pounds out of my ideal weight range but I reckon 8 and a half stone would be me slim

• Thank you :) I think it's just I've always had this hang up, I just need to get over it and stop thinking "if only I wad slim..."

• Yeah no problem hope I helped! :)