Have you ever been catfished/catfished someone?

I never have, but I did have someone use my pictures and pretend to be me.
If you catfished someone, why did you do it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I did get catfished on MySpace when I was talking to this cute girl whose account got deactivated. Kinda realized after that it was probably a fake profile cause the girl gave very odd and general responses.

Also I catfished because I was curious about what it's like to be a woman on a dating site. So, I created a dating profile using a friends pictures, and left it active for 2 days. Inbox had like 30 messages by the end if not more.
    None of them were DTF either. But plenty of them were generic responses.
    Also never replied to any guys. Didn't want to lead anyone on. That's just mean.

What Guys Said 12

• I've been catfishes before I knew about it. I just laughed it off. It is one of those jokes where no one is really wrong or right

• Someone tried to make me seem like I was talking shit. So they made an account on something and use my pictures =/ other than that no. I am so tempted to update my picture with a piece of paper over my lips putting a date and name every week so I can just be me without anyone thinking otherwise Lol..

• Most probably very badly! I just hated to comment here cause I know I would get to feel bad after this for some time. Exactly this catfish thing happened with me! And Guess what? It has been done 2 times. I was made to believe someone who was actually someone else and that so for 2 times!
    And Believe me people, you all may find me as the most emotional and senti guy over here amongst all Gagers! :p (If not then at least among the commenting peoples here.:p)
    But to be honest I got some really ultimate and great people online (some of them I've met in real too though only in my country) and yeah I quite believe in people easily and even with such heart breaks.! I believe people online, at last we all are human, it's not an FBI agent or Alien talking with us or some Ghost👻

• Yes i been "Catfish" but researched on them to find out who
    they really was well it never happened to me with that person
    it hurts to be catfished especially when you fall in love easy

• Never, but it is crazy how common it is.

• Nope. I know one when I see one.

I am not a catfish btw.

• i've met wayy too many fake profiles to count.

• I've catfished before, it was fun.

• I'm more of an eel. An electric eel.

• Yeah happen just the other day the girl refused to Skype and wanted to talk on cam for a subscription fee that wasn't all she also sent me photo shopped pictures she stole

• Yeah like 10 years ago back in the MSN days but she sent me money so It wasn't that bad when I met her my friend and I laughed at her and her friend they were so ugly lol

• Nope. Whenever I meet someone online I normally search google for a couple of their images. If it's only on their page, they're probably not a catfish.

What Girls Said 10

• I've never been catfished but my pictures have been stolen off my social media soo many times! I always get half flattered half annoyed by it.. more annoyed

• That's how I felt when I found out someone took my pictures. It's only happened once that I know of. Did you know the person? I knew the person who used my pictures. I found out by some guy she was talking to. He sent me a message when he realized it was a fake profile.

• Yeah, it's sad they aren't comfortable with themselves.

• Yeah I have been pissed off by that too. It's highly irritating. Especially when they take it and use it to try to pick up on someone or do something stupid only to have someone reverse check the picture and lead it back to one of my pages to tell me about it. It hasn't happened in awhile due to not using social media BS anymore but, regardless, I definitely feel you on that one.

• Nope I have never catfished before. I am not a crazy lunatic and I have no idea if I have ever been catfished before. I know there are plenty of them on here though

• No, but someone once was sure I was catfishing them when in fact I was being honest. It was weird.

• I have seen a few of my pics end up on other sites. It's almost impossible to stop.
    I complained a few times to FB and the pics came off for awhile, but than came back on.
    I have an agent and she says to never post a pic of yourself you don't want others to see.

• cause they have no lives and they wish they were you lol and nope never have

• Yes I have but not with romantic intent. Usually to catch someone in a lie or inform someone about something. It's amazing how someone will believe a stranger or trust them over someone they know. I used pics of a girl from another country and made up a name.

• I've had someone use my pictures once too it was when I was 16 and it was a girl in my class she was using them on a dating website it was really creepy and the school got involved and it's a really long story but basically she got suspended and had to change classes

• The girl that used my pics was a close friend. She did when we were about 16 too. She talked to guys on Myspace.

• Ahhh I see I get that I probably would of done the same tbh

• If it was done maliciously, I wouldn't be friends with her still. I felt bad that she was feeling so low about herself and she's never really done anything else wrong towards me.

• What's catfished?

• It's a term made popular by the documentary and TV series Catfish. It is used to reference someone who is pretending to be another person online. They use fake photos or photo shop their own.

• Yeah, I think it's usually due to poor self esteem. I just don't understand how you can keep up with such a big lie like that though. It seems like a burden.

• You would ask yourself, why bother? Oh well their lives and not ours..

• I think I was cat fished but I never realized it

• When I was like...13-14.. before catfishing was called catfishing... I pretended to be my extremely pretty sister...(I was a baby the last time we were around each other) so it's not like we were close. I went over to my dad's house and he showed me her MySpace page and I was like wow she's freakin beautiful! She still is wayyyy prettier than me lol.. Anyways, I felt pretty down about that because she got way more attention than I did. One day, I just decided to use her pics and it went from there. I got caught because I used my mother's laptop and I fell asleep so she found what I was doing. I was going through some serious issues back then. I actually think my sister found out. Being the not so smart person I was, I revealed who I really was to the people I "hurt" and I think they got in contact with my sister. My sister never came out and said anything to this day. I appreciate her for not causing a big scene about it because I'd probably be disowned by that side of the family. I have yet to apologize because I would rather do it face to face whenever I do meet her. I think that's the best thing to do.