Its much more difficult for a man to impress a woman, than the other way round. Agree?

I know both men and women have their own problems and difficulties regarding dating. But when it comes to 'impressing' someone of the opposite gender, women certainly have it easier.

Men usually know precisely what they want from a woman (such as looks, personality, status etc. or a combination of these), so they only approach women who fit their description of a desirable women. So women don't really need to go out of their way to impress men, because the men who desire a woman of their 'type' will approach them anyway, and other men wouldn't bother with it. Hence, whatever women do to impress men, it will not usually change the opinion of men who may or may not want to approach them.

But most women don't really know what to expect from a partner. They're really confused about it, and often mix things up. Even if a man is able to 'attract' a woman, it may only turn out to be an illusion because the woman often doesn't know what she wants from a partner and ends up saying 'you're not my type' or something similar after a while. Initially she may be under the illusion that she's 'impressed', but soon realizes that this man isn't the 'type' she would want because she herself is confused about what she wants.

So what do you people think? Both guys and girls here are most welcome to vote and answer!

P. S. Please refrain from making personal comments, because this is a general question and not related directly to my life. Also, I'm making it clear that this is my personal opinion based on my observation, so kindly stick to a healthy discussion instead of bashing me for whatever reason.

• In agree
  • I don't agree
  • I'm unsure

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont know girls do a lot to try and attract men. Makeup , tight jeans, heals, dresses, doing our hair , keeping nice and tidy, not tooting , not eating like a pig, and much more to try and impress the oppisite sex.

This doesn't really explain me cause im not like full on lets im press guys but a lot of women I know do hours on end of primp and press to impress a guy. And it doesn't always work.
    It can be hard.

Girls have it hard sometimes too not all women are naturally attractive and they put loads of effert to make a man into her.

And again I state not all women do this including me but this is what I gather from other women who I know.

In my opinion guys are either attracted or not. And women can be persuaded which I think in a way makes it hard for females to attract men.

• Man strives in everything for a direct domination over things, either by comprehending or by subduing them. But woman is everywhere and always relegated to a merely indirect domination, which is achieved by means of man, who is consequently the only thing she has to dominate directly. Thus it lies in the nature of women to regard everything simply as a means of capturing a man, and their interest in anything else is only simulated, is no more than a detour, i. e. amounts to coquetry and mimicry.

• Mr bruceleejk. You said in a general statement. So I used a general stement. society is making you dumb
      is a bad reason for what women do. Many men preferr a made up woman. And I dissagree completley with dolling your self up to look good for a man. But in most cases a guy won't look at you untill you do. I have witnessed and been in the situation as a test of my own and they guy was more attracted to me when I wore make up and a fancy outfit compared to my casual wear wich isn't sloppy nore gross looking.

I would have to say society is making us dumb but we all as men and women have made it this way. Society is not an entity of its self.

• my comments were not for you. I posted them by accident.

Most Helpful Guy

• What does a woman have to do, to have an attractive body? Starve herself so she's no longer obese, and she's good enough.
    That won't work for a man, and it takes a lot more effort to look in good physical condition. Even then, if he's below average height 75% of women won't be interested.

Men aren't much interested in a woman's income or material possessions. A man could spend years or decades getting all that together, before he'll impress some women.

Women don't even need much social skill, because they expect the man to do all the approaching.

If the tables were turned, the average woman would have a hard time trying to impress any man.

What Girls Said 7

• While I don't think it's always easier for a man to impress a woman I do think this is true in most cases. In my experience, men tend to focus more on physical attributes than women. Although women do value physical appearance they also look for success, wealth and intelligence in their mates.

• Yeah i would think girls have it easier for them

• Yes possibly. But it's hard for unattractive women to impress men

• Depends on the type of woman, but most of the types do have an easier time impressing a man.

• I see what you mean. But sometimes a woman doesn't find enough men who are impressed with her, or does not get pursued by good men... it is true that if a guy likes a girl he will pursue her, i agree. I do notice that in any time where the guy really liked me I didn't have to do that much except be open and receptive towards him and accept his invitations, let him get to know my personality... when a guy tries to clearly pursue you he usually already knows he likes you, as long as it's for a relationship and not sex you are in the clear. However, it gets frustrating when guys who do not want to commit go up to you all the time.

• It is actually very hard to impress a man. Especially if you have short hair like I do. But apparently it suits my face and body well, and some men somehow find me attractive.

• Its not very hard to impress a man, why do you need to impress a man, By trying to impress a man, you are trying to make him happy, and not yourself. Men monopolize on this, so does the fashion and media do this to you. You women always looking for validation from men, by doing this, the mans world can use that against her, and make her even powerless with her attraction to a man. By you feeling that way, and many other women, man become more powerful, beauty products and fashion. This world plays on your insecurities.

• I think it depends on the person. Some people have high expectations & want the best of the best. Also, some people seem to very good with the opposite gender, while others aren't. I think that make a difference in how easily someone is impressed. Also, a man or a woman who struggles with the opposite sex with feel the heat in trying to impress them. I personally feel pressure to impress men, as I'm not really that suave with them. LOL at the results, really tells you something about genders, doesn't it.

• I'd also like to point out to people who say women only have to be attractive to get a man, that not all women are considered attractive. There are more average or less than average women than they are above average women.

• If you do not find these traits true for a woman then you'll always be lacking:
      -Women LOVE attention (attention whores), that's fine, LET HER HAVE IT, goddamnit.
      -Women LOVE when you compliment their sense of CREATIVITY (I challenge you to say to a woman: you're so creative but you don't get to express that often. She'll LOVE YOU for RECOGNIZING)
      -Women LOVE to impress. Where do you think DRESS to IMPRESS came from? Do you seriously a man who is in jeans and a dress shirt is dressing to impress, when it takes him all 10 minutes in the shower to wash up, put on a clean pair of underpants, smell good, jeans and the dress shirt in under 20 minutes, if that? How long does a woman spend on her FACE, just her FACE to go out?

• If these traits are true then women are doing all of these things to IMPRESS US GUYS. They are doing it to make US happy, yet most men MONOPOLIZE the conversation about THEMSELVES. Next time you are in a conversation with a woman, see how many "I" you are saying when you are talking about your life, career, what you did yesterday, etc. Haven't you heard women say they LOVE a man who can LISTEN? What do you think she is trying to do? IMPRESS YOU, damnit. Thats what most can't understand, dumb bastards.

What Guys Said 10

• OK there's a lot of variables but as a (generalization) Id say that an attractive girl doesn't have to work to attract guys but to keep on she really does. A guy has to work to attract a girl but has an easier time keeping one once he's attracted her. -Just my opinion

• You're spot on! I was talking more about the 'initial attraction', and in that case women definitely have it infinitely easier than men.

• The disparity between male virgins and female virgins tells which gender has a more difficult time to impress the opposite sex. All women really have to do is be somewhat attractive, somewhat intelligence. Men have to be confident, financially satisfying, somewhat attractive, (sexually) experienced with women. Men usually have to be experienced with women because that tells women that other women wants him. Women don't have to be experienced with men in order to impress men. In fact, women that aren't experienced with men can actually be impressive to men.

• I agree. Because for the most part all women have to do to entice a man is be attractive and have a vagina. Guys have to work for it on the front end. But women have to work for the love they want on the back end.

• Well see that's the difference between guys and me.

• I'd tell her I can't stand her. I can't even stand her voice.

• She goes, I won't even talk

• From a global concept yes.

From a individual concept it all depend on you.

You determine how you want it to be. I've been in situations where girls tried their best to impress me.

• And some girls do know what they want in a guy. I think the problem is typically the female brain has a lot of things mixing around making it hard for them to find what they want in the mist of all the other stuff bombarding and clashing around in their brains. This has to tie into biology somehow. I'm too uninformed to know the details. However, again some do know exactly what they want and don't run from it.

• Well... women who actually know what they want in partner, are a minority.

• The best woman are a minority.

• I agree 100% men have to bend off backwards just to get noticed. If women and girls weren't shallow as they claim not to be? You'd see 200, 300+lbs men with GF's. Guys have to be tall, really good looking, rich, hung, drive a nice car wear nice clothes etc to get noticed. Guys only care if she's nice, cute and bubbly.

• Thanks Asker.

• Hmm not true, I've met guys that are very picky with who they want to date.. they also want women who are slim or fit, cute, sexy, have good amount of breast, cheerful.. if she's too much of a buddy buddy ir she is frumpy she isn't as desirable. Both genders are equally picky.

• Absolutely.

When I am about to see a beautiful woman, I literally take an hour out of my day to write out and meticulously plan all the things I could say/do to leave a good impression, I treat impressing women like rocket science, I plan things out beforehand, and methodically develop an "attraction strategy" like a military general preparing for a big battle, if only most women could understand the sophistication of my thoughts and ideas... I have to dumb myself down quite a bit to talk to people...

• true (filler)

• trruuuuuuuu (two chainz)

• well women have to be more picky, they carry a baby for 9 months

• THATS ONLY TRUE IF THEY GET KNOCKED UP. THESE DAYS WE HAVE BIRTH CONTROL AND CONDOMS ETC. THE EXCUSE THAT THEY CARRY A BABY IS NOT VALID, ITS A COP OUT.

• That doesn't change thousands of years of evolution

• At the end of the day, women have always being the ones that chase and decide you they are going to make love to which man. Its never being down to the man. A man does not need to chase a women, he is a fool to chase.

Its a known, fact, if women a really likes you, she will make easy for you to seduce her, and does not mean in a sexual sense

• Umm... you actually seem to be saying the opposite. In spite of rise in feminism and changes in gender roles, women still stick to the 17th century outdated 'tradition' of men always making the first move.

• Oh for godsake, I never said you are a loser. You see you are just putting words in my mouth again. I am not the perfect man for a women. What I said is, me and you, really know nothing about women. Its all just assumptions. I never said either you place sex over anthing, again you are putting words in my mouth. Seriously man stop feeling sorry for yourself. You are making assumptions about me again. stop it.

• I'm NOT feeling sorry for myself in any way. I'm a simple man who is content with my simple life. In fact, I'm someone who has made things happen when all hope was lost, on more than one occasion. I don't really NEED to feel sorry for myself, because even in such a situation, I can come up with ways to turn things around.