Would Table Tennis discourage women?

I was wondering if girls would see the sport Table Tennis as a stupid sport in whatever way. This is my hobby and it's hard to explain what it's actually like in reality compared to "ping pong" which is completely different.
I am in Division 2 in my local county league as is my father and have my own table in a building at the bottom of our garden where we practice pretty often.
Matches are only once a week sometimes even once a fortnight depending on circumstances.

My father got me into it at a young age as he was a successful player with many trophies etc and now at 18 years old I still play but to a very good standard which I am happy with. I'm pretty passionate about it however tend to keep it an unknown part of my life at the moment but as relationships have a "no secrets" policy in my book it would have to come out sooner or later.

So my question is, what do you think would happen if my future girlfriend or girls I knew would think of this hobby? And more importantly what do you think?

P. S Sorry to babble, thanks for all answers:)

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all, ping pong is just a hobby.

What Girls Said 2

• Not sure exactly what the question is. I wouldn't really consider it a sport... more like a hobby. Not sure what the big deal is... some people like to read, some like play video games, some like ping pong. Wouldn't consider it a turn-on or turn-off as long as it didn't consume your life.

• Ping Pong, is a brand name but when most people play table tennis people call it ping pong. I think your attitude might be a bit more of a turn off then just you playing the sport.

What Guys Said 2

• Most girls won't care one way or another that you play. Some may be impressed once they actually see you play.

I mean, if girls aren't turned off by the fact that I play a game called "pickleball", then I think you're fine with table tennis lol

• I'm sure they wouldn't mind, it's a nice inclusive hobby that they could possibly play non-competitively with you. A lot easier to deal with than Football or a sport like that.