How do I know if he means it or if he is just playing with me? I've been played before and im scared?

So i really like this guy and we hang out a lot.. im 16 gonna be 17 in less than a month and he is 20... last night he said he wants me to be his girlfriend but that he doesn't want me to tell anyone anything until im 17 because of our ages and how his family would feel... am i being played or is he serious...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 17 as well but I would date someone who is at least a year older than me, that's a 3 year difference I honestly in my opinion think that is to old, because I mean what he starts pressuring you to do things you don't want to do, then what? I just think that's to old but those are just my words if you want to go with it then go with it, only if it makes you happy.

• thats the thing, he is helping me quit smoking, and he doesn't want to do anything until we both are sure it is what we want because he doesn't want to do anything that would be disrespectful to me

• Do you know him that well? Like have you gotten to know him? If you want to be his gf then that's on you but my personal opinion is I wouldn't date a 20 year old, but if that's what makes you happy then go for it.

What Guys Said 1

• The age difference alone is going to be an issue since you're 16 and he's 20 years old. He wants to keep you a secret because in some states thats considered minor rape

• Where i am the age of consent is 16, if you are over 16 and your parents are ok and aware that you are sexually active it is legal, and in the state he lives in as long as you are over 16 and the age gap is no more than 5 years there is nothing wrong with it and he knows that...

What Girls Said 1

• I agree with bizzz