Would you ever date a sociopath? Have you?

Assuming he is non-violent towards you, would you date a sociopath?

• Yes
  • Depends - elaborate in comments (please)
  • No
  • Other
Three comments and already so much misinformation about sociopaths.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure. I have ASPD, we'd have a lot in common.

What Girls Said 9

• I might. To unravel him. And then I'd dump him.

• I couldn't deal with it, really. These people are like kids, hard to control, constantly running into trouble, they lack consideration for others and get aggressive real quick. They have tremendous potential to be dangerous, even if they're not homicidal. Add to that the fact that I wanna pursue a career in law and it's clear why I wouldn't date such a person.

• Most of us have sociopathic tendencies :0 I for one would not... They tend to burn things down._.

• That doesn't sound like it would turn out well.

• Absolutely not. I will only be aiding his sociopathic behavior by being his side.

• No... Sociopaths torture small animals and lead up to people. This is an easy question.

• The majority of sociopaths don't turn into murderers. They just have a dulled set of emotions, and feel very little empathy. Unless they are also sadistic, they have no desire to kill, they would simply feel indifferent if it happened.

• That's because they have the able to not care or empathise. So they have no problem killing multiple people. Sociopaths have some empathy, psychopaths have none, that is why psychopaths are often killers. That doesn't mean that everyone with ASPD is a killer. You would be surprised to know how many sociopaths there are.

• Barely any. They are both people I would hate to be around. A sociopath makes himself noticeable.

• I've dated a sociopath and it is very tough. It's difficult to tell when/if a sociopath is being sincere.

• No I haven't and no I would not date seine like that

• I've dated someone who is a borderline sociopath. Made me lose my trust in humanity for a long time.

What Guys Said 3

• I hit "no" but I meant to hit "other."

Sociopath is a bit to broad a term. Suffice it to say the answer is probably no.

• Sociopaths aren't nonviolent towards others.. They lack a moral barometer. I couldn't date one.

• I'm kind of a sociopath and I have had girls date me.

• But did they know? Generally it's easier not to tell.

• Sociopathy has been renamed antisocial personality disorder (ASPD), it's exactly the same. I used the term 'sociopath' as people are more familiar.

• I suppose my gf knows on some level. I mean she knows that I despise authority figures with a flaming passion and that my moral compass is... different. I love animals though so i'm not too bad.