Are guys turned off by needy, desperate girls too? or is it mainly being desperate, needy turns girls off? I have heard being needy is feminine?

Is it true being needy and desperate is a feminine thing? Forgot where I read it from, but anyway at the same time I heard that guys are turned off a lot by needy and desperate girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being needy is not feminine its being desperate! Don't ever be needy!

Different guys have different tastes so its hard to tell what guy likes what! It totally depends on the guy you are dating or crushing on.

What Guys Said 10

• Sort of. Neediness in women doesn't immediately kill sexual and romantic attraction in men the way it neediness in men kills a woman's attraction but I can see it getting on a guy's nerves. It depends on the demeanour of the guy, I think. If he's more of a distant, independent type, I think he'll find dealing a needy, clingy girl to be emotionally draining and possibly annoying. It doesn't kill the attraction but it can erode the possibility of a relationship. On the other hand, if the guy needs as much validation and attention as the girl, who knows, it might be the perfect fit.

• It's a huge turn off. It's just more acceptable on a small scale for a girl to be needy, while even a slightly needy guy is just unattractive. Double standard, but a true statement

• Unless both people are just slightly needy. Then they meet in the middle

• In the initial stages I'd say they aren't anywhere near as bothered about this sort of behaviour as women are, however once you've been dating a while a clingy girlfriend can become very tedious. I'd say they aren't turned off by it in the way women are, but might find it annoying over time.

Having said that I don't think women are as turned off by it as many make out, its more that the men who tend to be needy/desperate are usually very unattractive for other reasons, hence why they became needy/desperate in the first place.

• I don't mind some desperation. I like a lot of attention and to give a lot of attention/affection. I don't know about calling neediness feminine though. Seems almost sexist.

• I crave attention from women so a needy girl would score points in my book.

• Probably depends on what the guy is looking for

• I actually like gurls who stick onto meh like glue

• There are lines between sweet clingy desperate. I'm fine crossing the first line but not the last line. Crossing the last line is never healthy and usually ends to chaotic conclusions.

• There's a line which if crossed, becomes a problem. Don't over due it and everything will be fine.

• Despite what society has been trying to convince us of for the last 50 years, women will always want strong, masculine men. Being needy and desperate is totally the opposite of that and a huge turnoff for most women. That is never going to change because it's in out DNA as human beings.

For women, on the other hand, it's much more acceptable to be needy and desperate because men don't expect women to be strong and masculine.

So yes, in a sense it is definitely more feminine.

• *our

• really you serious it is more feminine?

• Please reread all of what I wrote. With which part do you disagree?

What Girls Said 0