How to get guys to approach me?

Hey everyone :) I'm a senior in high school and almost 18. I've never really been outgoing and mostly keep to myself unless I'm comfortable with someone. This hasn't exactly been helpful when it comes to meeting guys. I would really like to make friends with some more guys and possibly find a guy I'd like to date, but there's no way I can just go up to someone. Appearance-wise, I'm not bad looking. I've never really been comfortable with my appearance but everyone always says I'm really pretty. I'm in fairly good shape and have long red hair, brown eyes, and (finally, just got braces off a while ago) a nice smile, I guess. Do guys normally approach shy/fairly quiet girls? And if not, what should I be doing differently?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think guys know if you want to be approached. But girl, you are not powerless. You should take the offensive, seek out guys and flirt and talk. Find a guy you know is single and perhaps shy like you. then ask him out. He will be super happy if he thinks you're cute, he'll be passive (and missing out) if he doesn't. Homecoming should be arriving soon... use that to your advantage.

Every relationship starts with plain and simple good ol' interaction. Talking.

What Guys Said 5

• Eye contact and body language. You must look into a person's eyes at least long enough to see what colour they are, when you first meet. During conversation, keep the eye contact to 60% -75% of the time.
    Read this, if you can get your hands on it. It will explain a lot more.
    www.amazon.com/Superdate-Tracey-Cox/dp/0756607558

• Just don't. Asking how to make guy to approach you is overthinking it, it's also cowardly. How about you just approach the guy you like? Very few men will react negatively on attractive women asking them to sit down and talk. Even the taken ones will likely engage you in some pleasant conversation for a few minutes.

• i'm not sure about other guys, but i usually go for the shy ones, they are more interesting, the loud and clingy ones don't really impress me, unless they are loud and clingy when we are alone if that makes sense..

• You could try approaching them. Some guys don't feel comfortable approaching an attractive girl for a lot of reasons, so you talking to them could very well make it easier for both parties.

• Stuff your bra full of hamburgers. And curly fries.

What Girls Said 0