Is it even possible for a guy and girl to be just friends?

I see a lot of situations that look like it but I was curious especially if emotions become a factor

Most Helpful Girl

• Not if there's even the slightest bit of sexual or physical attraction.
    Guys and girls can only just be friends when they are children and they have no sexual or romantic desires.

What Girls Said 8

• Yes. Maybe you mean best friends? because its not rare to have a guy mate or a girl mate.. i have a few bestfriends that are boys. I dont have any feelings for them in that way atall. and neither do they for me. we are just friends and it will stay that way. i have been best friends with this one guy for about 4-5 years. he has asked me out before quite a few times to be honest. but i say no, we stay good friends. its just one of those things. some people might want more and if they dont get it.. get moody and dissapointed and then you might break friendss. but it depends on the person to be honest. of course you can have opposite gender friends. if emotions do become a factor then its up to you wether you can't stay just friends.

• one or the other will develop feelings, and the other will most likely not respond. Sometimes they do. I had a guy friend whom I had a crush on, what happened you ask , I think he knew I was crushing on him. He kinda distanced himself from me after that.

• Almost all my friends are guys and I'm just one of the bros to them.

• Sometimes but I doubt often one or the other will develop feelings or a crush

• Yes. Of course it is.

• yeah, it is. i've had tons of guy friends who were JUST friends, and would never be anything more.

• Yes, on a few occasions, if one or two of them is in a relationship and fully committed to the other person, and isn't a cheater then yes. Also there has to be no feelings between the two, absolutely none or at least no initiated feelings.

• yes but if she is like super attractive they might like her

What Guys Said 4

• yeah its possible. im doing this right now with many of many lol

• Almost impossible to be "just friends". It's near non existent. One or the other either has feelings or would like to get physical.

• If you understand that the sexual attraction is still always there, then yes.

• Of course but I refuse to.

If I'm single and I'm attracted to her, and if she is single and attracted to me, AND if we get along well enough to be friends I strongly feel that we should pursue a relationship and there is no excuse not to. I don't have female friends unless I think they are really ugly, and eventually they seem to fall for me but I am able to hold them at a distance because of this.