She's beautiful but doesn't respond to my complements... what does this mean?

In person and through texting... doesn't even acknowledge the fact I just called her beautiful...

What does it mean when she doesn't respond to my complements that are put forth steadily? I've been seeing this girl now about a month unofficially, and she's a very independent, calm girl, and we have really good dates that began pretty plain but ended really fun, but at the end of the nights, things always heat up and she kisses me like SHE'S IN LOVE WITH ME, but she's so plain with me sometimes.

And so I'm extremely confused here. She's reallllly gorgeous, so she might be hearing it all the time, and I don't over-do my complementing to her, so thats what makes it extremely confusing.

What does this mean? Why doesn't she just say thank you maybe once?

Most Helpful Girl

• She probably doesn't want to get over excited or for you to get over excited. In case you let each other down or never date. Then again you may just be telling her something she already heard from everyone else so it's being desensitized. Try telling her something you genuinely like about her.

• I understand that her and I are taking things rather slow, she's told me that she gets whistled and hollered at where she goes almost just about every week. I've told her things I genuinely like about her, as much as I can without potentially scaring her off lol. I'm just confused as to why she doesn't just say thank you or, gee that's really nice or something. It's a little discouraging

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe she fells a little bit awkward receiving compliments... some girls are like that... she probably knows she's pretty and when you call her beautiful she dosent want to say no I'm not because it's a little bit hypocritical and maybe she dosent want to say thank u because she fells that it makes her sound shallow... so in her mind the best thing to do is say nothing :):):)

• I've never dealt or had a girl like this before though. Things are going pretty good, but I'm just like super confused because I've never gotten an acknowledgement. As I said in a few comments before this, she's told me she gets hollered at or whistled to almost once a week. Which I understand might disgust her, but I'm the first guy her mom has approved of, I just don't get why she doesn't even hear when I complement her. It sucks.

• probably bc she hears it ALL THE TIME. compliment something else about her or just be cool with her wo complimenting her/ not every girl wants to be complimented all the time she's prob like that

• Maybe she thinks she isn't

• But how could that be? There's like guys asking for her number all over her instagram pictures calling her gorgeous, and I'm the first guy her mom has ever approved of, so I'm a little confused why I don't hear a thank you or anything at all. I don't exactly expect a thank you, but acknowledgement would be nice =[

• Maybe she's used to them then so didn't really care

• Some people just can't take compliments very well. It's not personal but they feel embarrassed or awkward

• Well maybe she doesn't like compliments. I'm super shy and struggled with an eating disorder. So I honestly think most of the compliments I get are fake. I either think they're laughing at me, or they're saying it just to make me feel better. Honestly all you can do is try to reassure her, and hopefully she'll believe it

What Guys Said 1

• When one receives compliments often, the compliments tend to decrease in value and affect as they become normal.