I only attract a certain type of guy?

I've been single for a year now and I kind of want to start dating/be in a relationship. Only thing is, I have a hard time meeting/attracting the type of guy I would be interested in. At school or at work, I seem to only attract the same type of guy. The ones who take simple kindness as flirting, hardcore gamer nerds, unattractive (to me at least) and just all around awkward and weird. They're all really nice, sweet and funny but I'm just not attracted to them at all. I hate having to turn them down when they ask me out, I always feel like a shallow bitch. Today I had to turn a guy down, I work with him. I just told him i wasn't ready to start dating and it would be inappropriate at the work place. (I thought flat out saying 'I'm not into you' would be too mean. :/ ) I don't know what kind of vibe I give off that makes these guys crush on me so easily but I wish I could magically STOP because it gets annoying having to turn them down and I always feel bad.

Most Helpful Guy

• This one is about as simple as it gets. In the dating and mating game, you have to be pro-active. You need to approach/flirt with the guys that interest you. You have to have the right body language... smile, make eye contact, etc. It actually takes work.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• You receive what you give out to the universe. For example, if you're interested in athletic guys, you should become more athletic and interested in the same lifestyle and mindset.

• I KNOW RIGHT, ME TOO!!!