Guys, would you date me even though I'm ill?

I've had an illness called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (a. k. a M. E) for three years now, and basically it means i have less energy than normal people. I struggle full time with sixth form, and I have to take the weekend to rest and recuperate. I don't actively go searching for a boyfriend because I'm never quite sure how or if it would work, but if i like someone, i can't help that. What I'm asking is, would you go out with me of you liked me back, or would the illness put you off?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell yeah, just because you have some form of illness or sickness doesn't mean it will put me off, it might give me some pity but as person coming from me it would make me love and care for you much more than I normally would for a girl who has none of those. I enjoy the satisfaction of making people who are ill smile and a little bit more happier with me being around. But to also point this out there I wouldn't fall in love with you cause of your illness but your personality instead. Long as you have a beautiful and great personality, I will definitely date you.

• Thanks very much, that's cheered me up actually! So it would be ok with you that I night not be able to see you all that much, because of being tired?

• Of course definitely, if not I would probably visit you more often to give you some company.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't care as long as it doesn't descend into this when we go out.
    http://s8.postimg.org/8lrntkl2r/sport_30.jpg

• Yes, I would, and not only that, I would take you to Deliverance where you would get healed!

• I would definetly give it a shot

• Of course I would. If you mean well and have a heart, why not? You're no less nor more than myself.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think anyone cares much about that type of illness, its not like Aids or cancer.
    some really active guys who want to backpack Europe might in some ways.

you should go vegan and eat only super food types, it will probably help where medicine fails.

• No worries. Any man values you, will date with you. This is what relationships are for. We can have good moments and bad moments too. Your partner will support no matter what. If he doesn't, you will not need those type of man.

• I have CFS as well. I generally have no problems in dating but sometimes it can get awkward. Like last week me and this guy had to walk up these steps and by the end I was nauseous and about to pass out and had to lay down. He was really sweet about it, he bought me a pop and waited till I felt better.

Its a daily struggle tho huh:(? It really sucks tbh

• It's nice to hear from someone else with it! So hi :) That was nice of him, I think maybe as long as you tell them up front that you're ill and what it means, it's ok?

But yeah, it does suck :(

• Well in fact I didn't tell him til that precise moment. He seemed worried at first cuz I was really sick and he was like "please don't vomit" lol

But yeah guys are just so determined to get some (which he did) I doubt most would care if it doesn't affect your performance too much lol